9 replies to this topic

#1 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:48 PM

I am looking for a freelance illustrator/cartoonist who would be able to produce one drawing next week.

Specifically, the finished image needs to be a certain style, black ink on white, cartoon representation of a man - drawn from his photo and incorporating a couple of his favourite things in life. It is a retirement present for somebody from one of my clients.

I have sample work in the exact style required and can show you.

Please let me know if you would be able to do this or know someone who would like to. I'd need the drawing on decent paper and to make a jpeg of it. My client will own the rights and the work cannot be signed.

I thought you lot would like first dibs.

Cheers.

#2 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:49 PM

In my experience when you hire a cartoonist they aren't very good at doing a specified style, because to be successful they have to create their own particular look and build it into a brand.

Locally, I think you should ask for Tim at Pen and Ink Studios, but if you want to find some other cartoonists it may be worth contacting the NUJ... many moons ago I used to typset their freelance directory (if they still do it) and it had a section just for cartoonists.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#3 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:23 PM

Thanks, James.

The Pen & Ink lady has retired.

#4 mickeyboy

mickeyboy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

I am looking for a freelance illustrator/cartoonist who would be able to produce one drawing next week.

Specifically, the finished image needs to be a certain style, black ink on white, cartoon representation of a man - drawn from his photo and incorporating a couple of his favourite things in life. It is a retirement present for somebody from one of my clients.

I have sample work in the exact style required and can show you.

Please let me know if you would be able to do this or know someone who would like to. I'd need the drawing on decent paper and to make a jpeg of it. My client will own the rights and the work cannot be signed.

I thought you lot would like first dibs.

Cheers.

Give this guy a try. pacrew@hotmail.com. His name is Paul alias "Beef". He worked with me for a while but moved out of the area. This type of job was right up his street. Best of luck.

#5 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

Thanks! I have an iron in the fire as we speak but if it falls out hissing into a bucket of icy water as every other one has so far, I'll definitely try Beef!

This quest is today's "today I have mostly been". :rolleyes:

#6 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

I think I mixed up on company names. I had Tim Sharville in mind

http://www.timsharville.co.uk/

European.vote - EU Referendum

#7 spaceshipman

spaceshipman

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

I know someone for you, I commissioned her to do a similar job for my fathers 60th.. she is local too and a good friend of mine. If you email me I can put her in touch, I'm sure she can deliver within your time-line.

my email is jak33@sussex.ac.uk

Edited by spaceshipman, 21 February 2011 - 10:14 PM.

#8 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

Thank you all so much. I have someone on the case as of an hour ago so when I see first draft later, we'll either stick with them or I'll be emailing your contacts.

Much, much obliged to you.

#9 Rachel WDC

Rachel WDC

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

Thank you all so much. I have someone on the case as of an hour ago so when I see first draft later, we'll either stick with them or I'll be emailing your contacts.

Much, much obliged to you.

I know someone too so if you need to go back to the drawing board (did I just type that ....) happy to pass on details.

#10 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

Evening, VN.

Happy to report a local contact put me in touch with a brilliant artist, in a very roundabout way, who could do this - and indeed has done it.

Thanks again for all your help.