• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#31 Tambo

Tambo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:37 AM

cool! also the vinyl stalls in Haynes Lane Market might not be a bad shout.. Paul (downstairs)& Sharon (upstairs) would definitely tell all their customers too. going to be popular club I think.

Good one SSman, I did get in there for the last kickings, yesterday. It took me a while to get the posters & flyers done in the afternoon and my wife is poorly at the moment so I am manning ver kidz. I managed to have a quick word with Rob, upstairs, & he took some flyers.
I have been thinking about timing over the evening and I feel that each participant should try and limit their choices to about 12-15mins in total, maybe 20 at the max,but it is going to be dependent on how many 'bringers' we get. The evening runs for three and half hours so at 15 mins a go that allows for an average of 14 players. Let me stress that you don't have to bring a set number of records, if you are dipping your toes or are sheepish as to your choice then by all means just bring one record it will be treated in an equal manner to all other contributions. Just try to bring tracks that have a running time that allows the evening to flow.

Here's the flyer/poster. Sorry but the nature of the file doesn't allow a bigger image. Will try & rectify. Meanwhile look out for them in the triangle for a better look.

Attached Files

Edited by Tambo, 27 February 2011 - 11:39 AM.

Likes rock and roll,country and western and hip and hop

#32 reddman

reddman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

Hello Reddman, Bearing in mind that sometimes the sentiment intended doesn't always translate to the typed word, please take my reply in the light-hearted manner that I intend. Yes it is a vinyl only night, a celebration of that format. I myself have, for various reasons, converted a proportion of my collection to a digital format. Like yourself I have some killer stuff of all genres that I either regret getting rid of, or just plumping for a download. I am working towards rectifying this.
If your tracks are 12" then three would be sufficent, I feel, due to their extended nature. As this is a first night I have no idea how many people will bring stuff to play. I am inclined towards a first come first served format but there might have to be a modicum of vetting. I certainly don't want to get into a run of DJing skills but rather people sharing their love of all types of music so that all who come to listen will find something to enjoy. Indeed I anticipate manning the decks for a portion of the night if only because not everyone will know, or want to get behind the equipment. Very much a community atmosphere will be encouraged. Am thinking of replacing the gong with a red card system, everyone who attends will get a red card and if enough are shown during a persons session then things will move swiftly on. I think it will bring a boistrous but fun element to the evening

Hi ya. I hear you loud and clear vinyl it is!! No worries. I have a diverse mixture of 12s and LPs so I'll have a dig through the crates and bring along a few bits and pieces.
Should be a laugh and a good excuse for me to get out of the office early!!

#33 spaceshipman

spaceshipman

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:30 PM

Hey Tambo, could you email me with a bigger version of that flyer please? I will post it through the Antenna facebook..

jakob@antennastudios.co.uk

#34 Tambo

Tambo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:33 PM

Hey Tambo, could you email me with a bigger version of that flyer please? I will post it through the Antenna facebook..

jakob@antennastudios.co.uk

I'll post you what files I have at the moment. Let me know if they are any good. My mate Chris has the originals on his comp. Will see him tomorrow

#35 Tambo

Tambo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

Everything good to go. Hope to see some of you lovely folks tonight.

#36 reddman

reddman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

Everything good to go. Hope to see some of you lovely folks tonight.

Hi Tambo, am planning to be there. Might be a tad late though!

#37 Tambo

Tambo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:21 PM

Hi Tambo, am planning to be there. Might be a tad late though!

Hey, no probs. We're there 'til 11.00. Come & introduce yourself.

#38 Tambo

Tambo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:28 AM

Thanks to those who came to the first night, specially Reddman & Gruff. Evening was just how I wanted it to be. Lots of discussion, laidback vibes, the ale went down well. Lots of styles, we're talking 60's TV themes (Fireball XL5), Icelandic New Wave, some stunning blues, reggae, old heros (The Band), indie, well picked jazz fusion the list goes on. I shall be putting up a playlist on the RPM Club Fb page (do a search at top of Fb page and pick the group page under Movies/Music). Hope to see more of you at the next one on the 6th April.

#39 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

Sorry couldn't make it - glad it went well :)

Edited by Summit Lover, 03 March 2011 - 05:10 PM.

#40 reddman

reddman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

Thanks to those who came to the first night, specially Reddman & Gruff. Evening was just how I wanted it to be. Lots of discussion, laidback vibes, the ale went down well. Lots of styles, we're talking 60's TV themes (Fireball XL5), Icelandic New Wave, some stunning blues, reggae, old heros (The Band), indie, well picked jazz fusion the list goes on. I shall be putting up a playlist on the RPM Club Fb page (do a search at top of Fb page and pick the group page under Movies/Music). Hope to see more of you at the next one on the 6th April.

Tambo, well done for organising and executing the night! Great crowd in attendance and a good diverse mix of music was played! I certainly learned a lot about different musical genres and my horizons have been well and truly widened. I hope to make it on the 6th April - you never know I may even bring along my prized Harvey Mason LP !!!

#41 Hesketh

Hesketh

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

Likewise, really enjoyed last night. Good music and a nicer bunch of people I couldn't have hoped for. Really looking forward to the next one. Well done Tambo!

Am still tripping from the pub carpet though.... B)

#42 Tambo

Tambo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

Likewise, really enjoyed last night. Good music and a nicer bunch of people I couldn't have hoped for. Really looking forward to the next one. Well done Tambo!

Am still tripping from the pub carpet though.... B)

Glad you enjoyed it. Am curious to know what your real life name is. Clues will do if you're the shy type. ;) Did you bring stuff to play?

#43 Hesketh

Hesketh

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:43 AM

Yes. :ph34r:

Will you be doing a Facebook page?

#44 Tambo

Tambo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:55 AM

Yes. :ph34r:

Will you be doing a Facebook page?

Have got 2 pages on Fb. One is an event page & the other under Movies/Music section. Just do a search for rpm in box at top of the page. Have put up the playlist on my personal notes page & am attempting to put it in comments on the RPM pages. Please friend the pages then I'll be able to message you about stuff.

#45 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:04 PM

Have got 2 pages on Fb. One is an event page & the other under Movies/Music section. Just do a search for rpm in box at top of the page. Have put up the playlist on my personal notes page & am attempting to put it in comments on the RPM pages. Please friend the pages then I'll be able to message you about stuff.

Can not find it anywhere on facebook - perhaps you could just post the link please Tambo? :huh: