Photo

Taste of Bangla

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you rate this restaurant? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Please let other members know how you rate this restaurant

1. Excellent (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Good (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Average (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

Taste of Bangla
196 Norwood Road
SE27 9AU

Tel - 020 8671 5589
Open 7 days a week inc. bank hols.

Sun - Thurs 5pm to 11pm
Fri & Sat 5-11.30pm

http://www.tasteofbangla.com/

Free delivery over 10 within 3 mile radius

Edited by Summit Lover, 19 April 2011 - 09:18 PM.

#2 lucysmith

lucysmith

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 810 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

Last Friday night (officially 'curry night' in our household), Mr Smith and I decided to give this new restaurant a go. We were fairly sceptical, having seen it be all manor of things over the years and never much good or very successful. However, we do like our curry and the tables had decent looking table cloths and wine glasses laid out.

Imagine our surprise on entering to find several tables already occupied and people enjoying themselves. I ordered a chicken dhansak and pilau rice. It was very, very good. We chatted to a couple on the next table who had lamb shank and a tandoori dish and they enjoyed their meal too. This wasn't just 'passable' Indian food, this was very good. We ate at the Yak and Yeti the week before and in my opinion this was better and better than several other Indian restaurants we frequent.

I'm very excited that West Norwood has at last a decent Indian restaurant (following the demise of Lal Baag which had not been too good for a few years). The service was very pleasant and friendly, and although the staff were new and some a bit nervous or in training, they were very good. Please take a chance and post your findings here!

#3 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

Sounds good (do you fancy rating it in the poll too?)

#4 grahamb

grahamb

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:47 AM

Thanks for getting this added Lucy, I'm just round the corner and been meaning to try it. The takeaway menu landed on my doormat the other day and the menu looks great - duck tikka!

Planning to try on Friday - very much looking forward to it.

#5 westnorwood3

westnorwood3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

We love their takeaways. Worth pointing out that they do a chicken dish just for small children - the one with pineapple and peppers - that's sweet not spicy. Perfect for our 3 year old.
Sadly they're not open for lunch yet, but perhaps if people ask & it gets popular they'll rethink that.

#6 Sweep

Sweep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

Ordered take away really tasty, glad to find such a good take away in the local area. Fresh tasting,well spiced, bonus to find out it was low fat! It will now be our regular Indian.