• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 vangough

vangough

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

The handyman recommends on the site seem to be a few years old so I wondered if anyone had used somebody they would recommend recently? Just need digging, some garden painting and basic garden tidy up work doing in SE19. They don't need to be a gardener or anyone qualified, just need energy for digging !
thanks

#2 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

The handyman recommends on the site seem to be a few years old so I wondered if anyone had used somebody they would recommend recently? Just need digging, some garden painting and basic garden tidy up work doing in SE19. They don't need to be a gardener or anyone qualified, just need energy for digging !
thanks

Ditto for me, in SE20! I have lots of ivy roots that need digging out et al.

#3 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

You need Steve Bateman, local hero. He's great and active as we speak, not an old recommendation.

#4 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

Brilliant! He sounds like just the man - really adaptable. I may have other jobs for him, too, now I see what he can and is happy to do. Thanks, Spoon!

#5 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:28 AM

Brilliant! He sounds like just the man - really adaptable. I may have other jobs for him, too, now I see what he can and is happy to do. Thanks, Spoon!

Gill, if you want someone really local, although my husband by trade is a painter and decorator, he is also a very good handyman. Shelves, flatpack furniture, repairs, tiling - that sort of thing. His no is 07721 770 292 if you want to give him a call!

#6 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

Ooh, yes! He'd best walk down to mine, though, rather than park outside my house... :D

#7 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

Haha!! :D

#8 lovelydai

lovelydai

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

You need Steve Bateman, local hero. He's great and active as we speak, not an old recommendation.

Yes, Steve Bateman does a great job at great price, but he takes months to turn up. I'm not exaggerating. I waited nearly five months to get some brickwork done. I'm still wating six months later for the promised gutter repair. I'd recommend him if you're not in a hurry.

#9 happymundays

happymundays

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

I would like to recommend Tom who is a builder and decorator and handy man many years of experience, very reliable and trustworthy turn his hand to anything have used him for many years to do our flat up in Mowbray Road and kitchen and bathroom, now our house.

His number is 07837584287

Thank you

#10 MGolden

MGolden

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

I would receommend Michael Singh - he's local and very reasonably priced. Turns up on time and tidies up after himself too! 07957 701 116.