134 replies to this topic

#121 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

hey dont hijack a playful thread for barbs

And perhaps you shouldn't be so rude ChewderOde. I didn't hijack a playful thread for barbs. I posted what I thought was quite a funny reply after the watershed but on reflection I decided to remove it having reviewed the forum rules. I couldn;t delete it and I couldn't think of anything else on the spot and then completely forgot about VN. Will try and post a follow up later after work.

And, there was meant to be a smilie face too. :) No barbs

Edited by charlie, 03 April 2012 - 08:14 AM.

#122 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

meanwhile over the road at the UNJL Croydon officers were conducting another book raid when they were taken hostage by the Waggle and Hum club....

... overpowered by the bugaboos and their occupants, the Croydon book raiders begged for mercy but the Waggle and Hummers had a wicked plan...

Edited by Summit Lover, 03 April 2012 - 09:13 AM.

#123 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

And perhaps you shouldn't be so rude ChewderOde. I didn't hijack a playful thread for barbs. I posted what I thought was quite a funny reply after the watershed but on reflection I decided to remove it having reviewed the forum rules. I couldn;t delete it and I couldn't think of anything else on the spot and then completely forgot about VN. Will try and post a follow up later after work.

And, there was meant to be a smilie face too. :) No barbs

oops - seems like I misread the tone of what was said - my comment was actually in response to my mate Citi M's prev post - thought they were having a dig - never saw anything other than ^^^ posted by you - still dont think what I said was rude though - and as a general comment directed at no one inparticular some threads are spoilt in my opinion my some posters trying to take chunks out of each other

anyway - I would respond to CMs wicked plan scenario but not sure what the Wuggle and Hammers are - but whoever they are theyve got me into trouble once and they aint gonna do it again!

#124 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

oops - seems like I misread the tone of what was said - my comment was actually in response to my mate Citi M's prev post - thought they were having a dig

You cheeky blighter Chewbaccy! Waggle and Hum is a popular song & rhyme session for babies aged 0-2 years that takes place in the libray and this thread's just a bit of fun remember:

The idea is to create a story about a virtual cruise around the Crystal Palace Triangle, by submitting individual passages of text. People can add to the story as often as they like by ideally referring to common aspects of The Triangle, eg its characters, VN members, places, events, happenings...the more humorous the better!
Keep to the VN Tavern guidelines. Maximum of 15 words for each submission. 'Half sentences' could make it more amusing. Here goes!

now back on subject

... overpowered by the bugaboos and their occupants, the Croydon book raiders begged for mercy but the Waggle and Hummers had a wicked plan...

#125 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

they sent them away with their clipboards between their legs and with the warning that if they didnt come back with a sustainable solution within 3 weeks they would get a fine for every day late thereafter.Hhearing the commotion Jerry upstairs on the refernece desk decided he would ..............................

#126 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

they sent them away with their clipboards between their legs and with the warning that if they didnt come back with a sustainable solution within 3 weeks they would get a fine for every day late thereafter.Hhearing the commotion Jerry upstairs on the refernece desk decided he would ..............................

.... pop over the road to visit the shop called Good Taste. This was no ordinary shop - beneath it's surface lay a secret chamber that contained a wall to wall arsenal of the dealiest cheeses known to man. The librarian was on a covert mission to purchase a Lancashre bomb...

#127 mickeyboy

mickeyboy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

.... pop over the road to visit the shop called Good Taste. This was no ordinary shop - beneath it's surface lay a secret chamber that contained a wall to wall arsenal of the dealiest cheeses known to man. The librarian was on a covert mission to purchase a Lancashre bomb...

...whilst the Saga of his brother Rodric continued, the Chego Man from Stilton looked a right Danbo as he saw...

#128 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

a 7 ft tall man built like a neanderthal warrior bouncing alongt the pavement on an orange spacehopper with a danish blue video tucked under is left arm

#129 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

a 7 ft tall man built like a neanderthal warrior bouncing alongt the pavement on an orange spacehopper with a danish blue video tucked under is left arm

The speciality cheese was having an halucinatory effect on the librarian who craddled the bomb and ducked into the sanctuary of ,,,,

#130 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

the dyslexic conversation area - read that as the conservation area of what is commonly know as.................. (Parklife)!

#131 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

Meanwhile on the other side of the Triangle there was a a bit of a fracas - the Peoples Unpopular Front (PUF) had, without licence or planning permission, set up stall right next to the Peoples Impeccable Front (PIF) ....

#132 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

and were shouting welease Woderwick - Woderrwick of course being a pseudonym for............

#133 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

and were shouting welease Woderwick - Woderrwick of course being a pseudonym for............

welease Woderrick was no a pseudonym, it was backwards esaelew kcirredow - a special form of parlance known as PUFfle or PIFfle...

Edited by citizen M, 09 April 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#134 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

putting his teeth back in the man with a clipboard moved effortlesssly away from the library and proceeded to pontificate over a matter of extreme delicacy and sensitivity to those who pervade the aiwrwaves on a local website called "virtual norwood", this matter being........

#135 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

when will the KICC Open Door be open for business? The cash and donation points are ready to service the thousands of Pros Gos followers keen to asert their right to park and worship in the heart of the Village of the Palaceinians...