• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

If anyone has fancied giving Zumba a go, a new regular class started last night at the Royston Club (downstairs from the famous Penge ballroom!) in Royston Road, Penge. It's 7.30 every Thursday and costs 5 a session. Just turn up.

We've been wanting to try it for ages, and it's a good workout as well as a good laugh. We thought we might seem a bit useless compared to other people in the class, but we needn't have worried - pretty much everyone was in the same boat as us. Give it a go!

#2 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:02 PM

Have to say I am really enjoying this class - but if there are any men out there who would like to make me not the only man in the class, do come along (women too!).

#3 doowron

doowron

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:29 AM

If you live in teh Triangle area no need to go all the way to Penge - Thursday night at Phoenix Centre - a very full Zumba class - for more info 020 8771 6023 - its so uplifting that condensation is running down the windows by the end of the sesssion!

#4 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

I go to that doowron, didn't seen a bloke there last thursday though. Are you in fact - a lady??

Agree, it's addictive and the 2 girls who run it are fab.

#5 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:59 AM

I have been umming and ahhing about the zumba class at teh Phoenix centre... I'm not that fit and not that coordinated, but it looks like fun - should I give it a go? My legs are currently screaming from 4 straight hours of Albanian dancing at an engagement party on Sunday - I think this means they need more exercise!

#6 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

I'm not that fit and not that coordinated, but it looks like fun

You'd fit in perfectly at the Royston Club class!

#7 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

If you can manage four hours of Albanian dancing CM, you'll be top of the class at the Phoenix zumba! :D It's unlike any other aerobics I've ever been to - you get as much exercise laughing hysterically at your frantic unsyncopated jiggling as you do through the unsyncopated jiggling itself. Go on, give it a go!

#8 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

Will it make me willowy slim and 4 inches taller?

#9 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:20 AM

Well it sorted Nanazola's lumbago and arthritic knee - now I'm zimmer-free! :lol:

#10 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:27 PM

Did you go last night ClaireyM?

#11 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:33 PM

Nooo, I had to work late :(

#12 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

Inspired by this thread, a friend and I decided to try zumba at my gym, Beckenham Spa, last night - but when we arrived for the 8pm class, as advertised on the website, we discovered it had actually started at 7.30pm. So we went home and drank gin and ate chocolates instead :lol:

#13 filmbuffy

filmbuffy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:02 AM

can anyone elaborate on what zumba is? i saw classes advertised at west norwood library so wondered whether to attend and what it was like.

#14 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

I saw on the programme for next weekend's Lindfield Arts Festival (in Sussex, near Haywards Heath, which is on the mainline from Croydon to Brighton) that they will be going for the Zumba World Record.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#15 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

... So we went home and drank gin and ate chocolates instead :lol:

The doctor approves!