• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:11 PM

Got a tweet from @soulcializeuk earlier saying that they had done a batch of nut and egg free cakes - just what I needed considering mini-Elmo's allergies.

Got there and they had shut up early after a slow day's trading, but the owner/manager saw me lurking outside and opened up again... The cakes were amazing too. Make sure you support this place :D
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#2 Chris73

Chris73

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

Good luck to them, but think they should help themselves by putting up some proper signage! Place doesn't look ready yet so no wonder is quiet for them and they bare shutting early!

Surely a sign is an integral part of a new shop.

Just saying....

I will pop in though as I like a cupcake now and again - but a proper full unadulteraed version!

#3 Mrs R

Mrs R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

A friend at work is vegan and so whenever we have cakes to celebrate someone's birthday she is always left out. But on Monday when we had a usual cake round I was proud to be able to provide two Agave Syrup cup cakes just for her. Another triumph for Crystal Palace.

#4 Rachel WDC

Rachel WDC

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

Popped in today really lovely place but coffee very disappointing, the icing on the cupcakes had sunk too due to the heat ....ho hum! I'm sure teething problems so will keep an open mind.

#5 soulcialize

soulcialize

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

Popped in today really lovely place but coffee very disappointing, the icing on the cupcakes had sunk too due to the heat ....ho hum! I'm sure teething problems so will keep an open mind.

Thank you for the feedback - we would have been happy to make you another coffee, we just changed our coffee beans and have only got our grinder settings right. Please do pop in again and we will give you your coffee on the house.

#6 soulcialize

soulcialize

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

A friend at work is vegan and so whenever we have cakes to celebrate someone's birthday she is always left out. But on Monday when we had a usual cake round I was proud to be able to provide two Agave Syrup cup cakes just for her. Another triumph for Crystal Palace.

Come back to try our other vegan flavours- today we had a coconut cake with a lime coconut glaze.

Good luck to them, but think they should help themselves by putting up some proper signage! Place doesn't look ready yet so no wonder is quiet for them and they bare shutting early!

Surely a sign is an integral part of a new shop.

Just saying....

I will pop in though as I like a cupcake now and again - but a proper full unadulteraed version!

Thank you for your comment - unfortunately the council doesn't help the situation with regards to signage (requires marketing license and planning permission) and as a start up business we have had to find the most cost-effective solution. With the support of our customers we will keep building the business and taking in customer feedback.

#7 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

What are the opening hours?

#8 filmbuffy

filmbuffy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

think you got a good marketing strategy right there. really pleased to see soulcialize on here. I think its good because people do not always feedback directly to shop.( embarrassment, shyness,.. the english way) and would be more likely to feedback here to other locals so as a business wanting to give customers a good experience you can see what people are saying and make changes etc. - also helps you get to know and integrate with the clientele.
i will pop in next time im up the hill. coffee will be the test for me. if its not good that would put me off.

#9 Rachel WDC

Rachel WDC

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

Thank you for the feedback - we would have been happy to make you another coffee, we just changed our coffee beans and have only got our grinder settings right. Please do pop in again and we will give you your coffee on the house.

Aw that's a nice offer I'll try and pop in Friday !

#10 miss emma

miss emma

Crafting whizz

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

I cheered my mum up the other day (she is recovering from surgery on both her feet) with some delicious gluten/wheat free lychee and coconut cupcakes from Soulcialize. They were nice and moist too (often gluten free cakes turns to dust when you bite into them)
Gorgeous gifts handmade in SE19, The 39 Stitches

#11 tbones

tbones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

Got a tweet from @soulcializeuk earlier saying that they had done a batch of nut and egg free cakes - just what I needed considering mini-Elmo's allergies.

Got there and they had shut up early after a slow day's trading, but the owner/manager saw me lurking outside and opened up again... The cakes were amazing too. Make sure you support this place :D

Went there last weekend - nice cupcakes and coffee (in my opinion), only thing I thought was that it's currently a bit sterile - feels very new and there's not much atmosphere. Swanky new bars/pubs often have the same problem, I find.

However it's nice in there and I really hope it works out as I like to be no more than 400 metres from a good cupcake shop at any time. :)