• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lucioanna

lucioanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:46 AM

In my Family History research, I am curious to know if anyone remembers the existence of Queen's Court, Church Road, Upper Norwood SE 19. This is where my Great Uncle lived when he died, but I have been unable to find it on Google Maps, so I presume it no longer exists. I would be very grateful if anyone has any information.

Ann

#2 Anthony

Anthony

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:37 AM

Ann if you Google it you will find a document regarding the Conservation Order of Upper Norwood 1970 and it is mentioned there, here is a small excerpt from it i do hope that i am not infringimg any copyrights here.

"In addition to the listed buildings mentioned above, the demolition of the following buildings will only be permitted in very exceptional circumstances:

Nos. 112-116 (even) Church Road
No. 122 Church Road and Nos. 1 10(inc) Queens Court, Church Road (Queens Hotel) Nos. 130-134 (even) Church Road"

maybe that will lead you to something further, good luck.

#3 lucioanna

lucioanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

Ann if you Google it you will find a document regarding the Conservation Order of Upper Norwood 1970 and it is mentioned there, here is a small excerpt from it i do hope that i am not infringimg any copyrights here.

"In addition to the listed buildings mentioned above, the demolition of the following buildings will only be permitted in very exceptional circumstances:

Nos. 112-116 (even) Church Road
No. 122 Church Road and Nos. 1 10(inc) Queens Court, Church Road (Queens Hotel) Nos. 130-134 (even) Church Road"

maybe that will lead you to something further, good luck.

Thanks for that information Anthony, I presume that Queen's Hotel in brackets means that Queen's Court was part of this hotel?
Again thanks
Ann