• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 belo

belo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

Does anybody have any experience of a carpet cleaning co.? I would like to have my carpets steam cleaned. Would prefer a recommendation as opposed to yell.com so any suggestions greatly received!

Thank you.

#2 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

I'd do it yourself! I had mine 'professionally' cleaned and they were left so wet they shrank away from the skirting boards :o Since then, for the past ten years, I've done them myself, using an upright carpet cleaner (with upholstery hose for the stairs) hired for 24 hours from HSS or Homebase. In fact, I did them last weekend! It cost me around 30 with cleaning solution and the results were brilliant. The Homebase machines are a bit lighter to manoeuvre and the carpets dried more quickly. Listening to your iPod while undertaking what is a pretty noisy (though quite zen-like!) task makes it more enjoyable, and do warn your neighbours!

#3 belo

belo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:46 PM

The DIY approach was my original plan, about 5 years ago... I've now given up on that and realised I will never have the time. So, a man/woman and a machine is required.

I hope I don't have the same experience as you though GillW. But, then again, even shrunked carpets will look better than what I've got down now!

#4 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

The DIY approach was my original plan, about 5 years ago... I've now given up on that and realised I will never have the time. So, a man/woman and a machine is required.

I hope I don't have the same experience as you though GillW. But, then again, even shrunked carpets will look better than what I've got down now!

My bedroom, spare room and stairs took an hour and a half, if that reassures you re the time it takes. :)

#5 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:38 PM

Did anyone find any recommendations for a carpet cleaning services...
I know you can do it yourself but its for a friend who's a mum who really just doesn't have the time available to do that sort of thing....
Twinks xxx :blink:
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#6 belo

belo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

I went for the do it myself option in the end... And used the money saved to buy myself a new dress and shoes :D

#7 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:07 PM

Nice one! :lol:

#8 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

I approve of that!

#9 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

where is the 'like' button when you need it....
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#10 Canon

Canon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

We recently used a guy call Angus 0208 289 1508, nice bloke and did a great job.