• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nicniewart

nicniewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

There are more police around Cator Park than you see in several years of normal life in Penge, Crystal Palace and Beckenham.All entrances are blocked by coppers; socos and detectives were making their way into the park around 4pm. Seems a body was discovered by a dog walker.

My bet: skunk crazed alsatian owners, dope deal gone wrong (look around for the little plastic bags everywhere), or the Academy of Smoking (Cator Park Girls) and their chums. Or it could be anything else: who needs a motive these days?

#2 Chris73

Chris73

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

Not very nice - there's some more info here:

http://www.newsshopp...ark__Beckenham/

#3 belli

belli

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

The victim's barely cold and you're speculating what low life they must be.

Tasteless and crass.

#4 nicniewart

nicniewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

The victim's barely cold and you're speculating what low life they must be.

Tasteless and crass.

This neck of the woods implies if you can afford a plentiful supply of skunk and a large pedigree dog, and the feeding of it, that you're upper class. If you're a dealer, then you have a purely cash economy, and therefore enjoy an upper class of life. The BMW with the blacked out windows, the rings, the expensive trainers.
If you can afford to smoke cigarettes on the way to AND from school, then you must be rich. Have you seen what a packet of fags is these days? Well expensive, innit?

#5 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

The article says: 'A Bromley police spokesman said: “At this stage it is not being treated as suspicious.”'

Perhaps judgements shouldn't be made on it, nicniewart, even if you do know something the police don't know and that you haven't shared with them. Or are you simply trying to find reasons why you can put distance between the event and yourself? Tragedies can happen to anybody.

Edited by Ziwa, 24 June 2011 - 06:06 PM.

#6 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,280 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:08 AM

I hope it is a low life ! Nothing crass in wishing that rather than an innocent party !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#7 SJH2002

SJH2002

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:37 AM

The article says: 'A Bromley police spokesman said: “At this stage it is not being treated as suspicious.”'

If it is not suspicious, then there is no foul play, and it is not a murder - perhaps the title of this thread should be changed, as it does lean towards sensationalism.

It could be something as simple (and tragic none the less) as a person having a heart attack whilst out walking.

#8 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

If it is not suspicious, then there is no foul play, and it is not a murder - perhaps the title of this thread should be changed, as it does lean towards sensationalism.

Agreed. Mods - could you change this to 'Incident in Cater Park' or 'Fatality in Cator Park', maybe not in all-caps, as per netiquette guidelines.

Edited by Ziwa, 26 June 2011 - 01:40 PM.

#9 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

Done

#10 nicniewart

nicniewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:35 AM

Done

I have interviewed the lady whose dog made the unfortunate discovery. It was most probably suicide, a note being left at the scene. The man had suffered previous bouts of depression. From statistics, more such deaths occur not in the gloomy depths of winter, but in the sunnier days of summer, and such indeed was the weather of last weekend.
There but for the grace of God, go I.

#11 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:01 PM

There but for the grace of God, go I.

And all of us. Life isn't easy for most people. We muddle our way through... or not.

I'm sorry for the news and for the loss his family must feel.