6 replies to this topic

#1 pinkpinkcrystals

pinkpinkcrystals

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

Hello
I am looking for local special needs groups or play sessions for my daughter aged 3 yrs. Any information would be fab. Or Is there anyone who would be interested in maybe starting a group with me?
thanks

#2 CityView

CityView

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

Hi

You may already be aware of this but there 2 special needs schools in Lambeth, Michael Tippets (Loughborough Junction) and Turney School(Dulwich). Although, they school older children and teenagers, they might have some links to groups for younger kids in the area.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with finding / starting a group. I volunteer for a charity, CampCando that takes special needs from Lambeth away for a summer camp . It would be interesting to keep in contact with any local groups as we're always looking for volunteers to support Camp (preferebaly with experience of special needs)

And yes, though I only have experience with older kids, I would be interested in getting involved in any local group.

Good luck with your search

Cityview

#3 cathyh

cathyh

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

The local children's centres should have this information. I am sorry but I am not aware of any specific groups for special needs children in the area so if you find out it would be helpful if you could post any available information. Good luck.

#4 pinkpinkcrystals

pinkpinkcrystals

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:13 AM

Hello
thanks for replies, I am going to do some more looking around.

A while ago I did a short course and how to set up a non profit community organisation, I thinking about maybe starting a group up. But I am along way off need to do a business plan ect.

thanks
emma

#5 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:43 AM

Have you tried speaking to Contact a Family? My brother and I used to go on their summer play schemes when we were kids (my brother has Asperger's Syndrome). They may be able to help. Contact a Family website

#6 pinkpinkcrystals

pinkpinkcrystals

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

Hi I have just had a look at contact a family, it looks great. thank you very much for you help :D

kind regards

#7 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

No problem - hope they can help you!