Photo

How does one get rid of "unread notification" messages?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

Hi - for some time I have had an "unread notification" message in my main VN forum screeen. And now I have two.

I've read the PMs, clicked on them, read them again, clicked on them again and tried all sorts of ways of showing that I have fully absorbed their content.

I'd be grateful for advice as to how to make the messages disappear please. Many thanks,

andreas
opposed to taking terrapins.

#2 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

Me too! Plus advice, as to my thread on this topic, as to how to stop Google ads appearing...

#3 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

Me too! Plus advice, as to my thread on this topic, as to how to stop Google ads appearing...

Hi guys, will try and find out from Matt and get back to you.

SL

#4 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

I only get the google ads when I'm not logged in, they disapear after that or should do if you have posted over 500 times?
I also tried recently to delete the unread notifications but didn't suceed. I'm quite used to them now so they don't worry me.

#5 fungigirl

fungigirl

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

I have tried most things like yourselves, I now just click the tiny line on the top of the left-hand side of the column and it minimises it. It'll do for now.

#6 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:47 PM

MattVN, there are a couple of things you could try to fix this issue ... Run phpmysqladmin and repair the database tables ... Run ipb recount tools in the admin area

European.vote - EU Referendum