Photo

Want a one hour design consultation with an architect for charity?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisA

ChrisA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

We’re offering residents in and around CP a unique opportunity to get a little inspiration for your home in return for a simple donation to charity. It’s part of the ‘Architect in the House’ scheme run by the homelessness charity, Shelther.

The scheme is closed, but we are still able to offer a limited number of places. The best way to book your place is to contact me, Chris Axon, directly – Email me

Whether it’s for a loft conversion, a study, an extra bedroom, or just better living space you need, we will visit you in your home and give you a one hour design consultation. All you need to do is donate £40 to Shelter.

#2 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

We took up this offer and are very glad we did. We went from having a pie-in-the-sky idea, a 'what-if-but-not-likely-to-happen' idea, to a very clear perspective on possibilities, limitations, steps to take to make it happen. Chris is an innovative yet practical architect and designer who knows the area, understands our building types, seems sympathetic on budget. He sees and articulates the important stuff, and helps you dismiss the infeasible bits of a plan. We had an excellent impression and will follow through.

Our idea is a small project - extending a balcony - and I wasn't sure if it was enough of a plan to bring in a professional. But it turned out to be just what we needed, an excellent use of time for us.

I think he has a few more slots left, so sign up if you are tempted. And the donation to Shelter is a good cause anyway.

#3 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:34 AM

I doubt I will have need of your expertise Chris, but I think it's worth saying I am impressed with your generosity in giving up your free time for such a good cause. Well done.
aka Pie

#4 ChrisA

ChrisA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for the plug Ziwa.

Sylvester, it's a win win all round. I get a little exposure, clients hopefully get some inspiration and Shelter gets the donations.

It's been a fantastic few weeks and I've met some really amazing people. Thank you all for supporting the scheme.

The slots have now all be taken, but I will probably do this again next year.