#1 mike73

mike73

Mike

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm a member of the Paxton BNI Chapter, we meet every thursday morning at Dulwich Golf Course. Please feel free to check out our webpage BNI Dulwich.

We are currently looking for new members from all trades and industries but especially from a Creative, Legal or Financial background.

We have an open day for you creative types next thursday morning and would welcome attendees to see if regular networking may work for you.

I have been a member for 6 weeks now and have already met new clients I would otherwise not have done. It's reassuring to know that in these tough times, you have a group of people actively looking for new clients for you.

As mentioned above we welcome allcomers but would be especially interested in event planners, wedding planners, solicitors and mortgage consultants.

If you are interested in taking on more buiness then please drop me a line or reply to this thread and i'll be happy to give you some more details.

Many Thanks
Mike

#2 mike73

mike73

Mike

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:50 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks for the people that pm'd in respect of the above.

We are still looking to expand our Networking group and are looking for people in the following sectors :-

Financial & Legal

Property and Trades

Health and Wellness

Marketing and Events

Business Services

We only allow one person from each specific trade so if you fall into one of the above categories and are looking to take on more work then please reply or PM for more details.

We welcome visitors just too see if it may suit your business.

Mike

#3 mike73

mike73

Mike

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:39 AM

Hello again,

We are currently looking for people who work in the health and wellbeing sector who want to take on more work. We are having a visitor’s day specifically for these trades on thursday the 20th October at 6.45am at Dulwich Golf Course, Grange Lane, College Road, Dulwich. We would be delighted if you could join us to meet new people working in the same field and see if you think that it would benefit your business to regularly network with like minded people. We are all small business owners who live and work in the local area.

We are looking for people who are :-

Acupuncturists
Aroma therapists
Beauty therapists
Chiropodists
Chiropractors
Counsellors
Dentists
Fitness Instructors
Hairdressers
Homeopaths
Massage therapists
Nutritionists
Osteopaths
Physiotherapists

We are also looking for a Solicitor, mortgage broker and general insurance broker to join our expanding legal and finance team.

The idea of the group is to provide each other with referrals and in turn increase the profits of our businesses.

So far this year we have generated nearly £150,000 in business between only 15 of us.

If you are interested please either reply to this thread, pm me or alternatively you can call Carrie Graham (our life coach and leader of the health and wellbeing team) on 07789954972.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Mike

#4 yoshima

yoshima

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

Hi guys,

I am also a member of the BNI Paxton networking group. I would like to say that I have found it to be a very useful and a worthwhile event, that brings in money and opens up many opportunities with Networking and Social events. The backup that you get in terms of training and support from BNI is also a great bonus.

We are always looking for new members to add to our group and you can come along for a free breakfast and see how we operate, I know it’s early but it lets you get on with your full day after the meeting so it doesn’t interrupt normal business.

I you feel like coming down contact Mike or myself and we will treat you to a great breakfast and some interesting business discussions and opportunities.

Anthony Caroleo
IT Professional

#5 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

Hi, Anthony and Mike. I'm potentially interested in joining if you have need of my skills. I'm a copy editor and proofreader. I took a look at the website but could find no mention of a membership fee. I imagine there must be one to cover those delicious-sounding breakfasts and the hire of the golf club for starters! Could you elucidate?

#6 mike73

mike73

Mike

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

Hi Gill,

There is an annual fee and this can be paid in one go or over a period of months. PM for more details.

As Anthony said above, it really has opened doors for me and led to business i otherwise wouldn't have done. It has more than paid for itself since i joined in July/August.

Would be great to have you come along to see if it might be something that could work for you, our next meeting is this thursday at 6.45(unfortunately thats AM).

As I said above PM if you want anymore info.

Mike

#7 mike73

mike73

Mike

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

Another great meeting this morning, it really is encouraging to see so many local businesses helping each other to thrive in these challenging times.

Nice to see some new faces there this morning also, looking forward to our next official visitors day on the 24th of this month.

The more the merrier (merryer?merrier?, im sure you get the gist!)

Mike

#8 yoshima

yoshima

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

Hi all,

just to add we do have a general visitors day on the 24th of November and as Mike says the more the better, we will treat you to a hot breakfast and a chance to mingle with like minded local business people, which of course means the chance to take on more business but if dont need any more business....... I am sure you get my gist... Come down and see us, what can you loose?

PM us or add a message to the forum and we will tell you all you need to know.

Many Thanks

Anthony

#9 CarrieG11

CarrieG11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for a great meeting today, with lots of visitors. Steve Dale our pest controller brought along an imporant member of his team - a Harris Hawk and spoke about how he works with the hawk to discourage those pesky pigeons lurking around on Dulwich rooftops.

Carrie

#10 pest

pest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

Hi all,

It was a pleasure showing everyone Bee my Harris Hawk last thursday, hopefully the visitors enjoyed it more than Mike's talk on pensions!

It would be great to get a few more visitors down, we would really like to meet new people in the Property Maintenance sector.

See you all bright and early Thursday. Should have a referral for our electrican.