CPFC - a thread for the Eagles

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

How about a thread to follow our local club? I'm mainly an armchair supporter, but even so I heard some wonderful singing drifting across from the south-west this evening. And here's why:

(back story: The Eagles 0-1 down at home to Coventry)

Full Time 90:00+6:01
The referee ends the match.
90:00+5:17 GOAL - Jermaine Easter:
Crystal Palace 2 - 1 Coventry Jermaine Easter scores a goal from inside the six-yard box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Crystal Palace 2-1 Coventry.
90:00+4:55
Wilfried Zaha takes a shot. Save by Joe Murphy.
90:00+2:55
Jermaine Easter challenges Richard Keogh unfairly and gives away a free kick. Joe Murphy takes the free kick.
90:00+2:38
Sammy Clingan gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Patrick McCarthy. Peter Ramage takes the free kick.
90:00+2:06
Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Gael Bigirimana played to the near post, Patrick McCarthy makes a clearance.
90:00+1:47
Gael Bigirimana takes a corner.
90:00+0:29 Booking The referee shows Joe Murphy a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
89:57 GOAL - Sean Scannell:
Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Coventry Sean Scannell scores a goal from inside the area to the bottom left corner of the goal. Crystal Palace 1-1 Coventry.
89:55
Wilfried Zaha takes a shot. Save made by Joe Murphy.
88:52
Free kick awarded for a foul by Patrick McCarthy on Lukas Jutkiewicz. Free kick taken by Sammy Clingan.

http://news.bbc.co.u..._1/14460015.stm

Edited by andreas, 16 August 2011 - 09:07 PM.

opposed to taking terrapins.

#2 janny

janny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:04 PM

How about a thread to follow our local club? I'm mainly an armchair supporter, but even so I heard some wonderful singing drifting across from the south-west this evening. And here's why:

(back story: The Eagles 0-1 down at home to Coventry)

Full Time 90:00+6:01
The referee ends the match.
90:00+5:17 GOAL - Jermaine Easter:
Crystal Palace 2 - 1 Coventry Jermaine Easter scores a goal from inside the six-yard box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Crystal Palace 2-1 Coventry.
90:00+4:55
Wilfried Zaha takes a shot. Save by Joe Murphy.
90:00+2:55
Jermaine Easter challenges Richard Keogh unfairly and gives away a free kick. Joe Murphy takes the free kick.
90:00+2:38
Sammy Clingan gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Patrick McCarthy. Peter Ramage takes the free kick.
90:00+2:06
Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Gael Bigirimana played to the near post, Patrick McCarthy makes a clearance.
90:00+1:47
Gael Bigirimana takes a corner.
90:00+0:29 Booking The referee shows Joe Murphy a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
89:57 GOAL - Sean Scannell:
Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Coventry Sean Scannell scores a goal from inside the area to the bottom left corner of the goal. Crystal Palace 1-1 Coventry.
89:55
Wilfried Zaha takes a shot. Save made by Joe Murphy.
88:52
Free kick awarded for a foul by Patrick McCarthy on Lukas Jutkiewicz. Free kick taken by Sammy Clingan.

http://news.bbc.co.u..._1/14460015.stm

Oops sorry my laptop is going mad.. I think it's because I'm so excited that Palace won an away game.

I think it's a good idea. Would be nice to be kept up to date with our local team. Here is Dougie Freedman comments after the match http://t.co/eq0Oh7U

Edited by janny, 16 August 2011 - 10:07 PM.

#3 Michael Charles

Michael Charles

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

Oops sorry my laptop is going mad.. I think it's because I'm so excited that Palace won an away game.

I think it's a good idea. Would be nice to be kept up to date with our local team. Here is Dougie Freedman comments after the match http://t.co/eq0Oh7U

EEEEEEAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Edited by Michael Charles, 16 August 2011 - 10:23 PM.

The editor function does not work in my account?

#4 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

great result - I saw it was 0-1 with 30 mins to go and feared the worst

and yes - great idea for a thread - am sure the CPFC fanclub have one of their own for Upper Norwood!

#5 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:29 AM

Good start after our poor performance with the posh ! Thought CPFC was a swear word round ere !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#6 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:53 AM

Good start after our poor performance with the posh ! Thought CPFC was a swear word round ere !

Dazza

Negative. I, for one am delighted they won!

The controversy was over a move to CP park, but let's not hijack this thread with that issue as their is an existing dedicated thread.

#7 Fang

Fang

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

They were playing at home. I can't think of any other team capable of taking you from hope, to despair, then to anger and depression, quickly followed by absolute euphoria, in the space of minutes.

"This is what we find, this is what we find, the hope that springs eternal, springs right up your behind."

#8 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:08 AM

Negative. I, for one am delighted they won!

The controversy was over a move to CP park, but let's not hijack this thread with that issue as their is an existing dedicated thread.

Me too! I remarked on this very victory last night when it came up on the news.

And agreed - this thread should be for the team, not the move to the Park. Can you mods make a policy decision that any posts that try to bring that discussion on here get moved or redacted*?

(* a useful word that Murdoch & crew have brought into use again)

#9 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

Son's a Palace fan (I'm a Manc Blue by birth) but I go to a lot of Palace games with him. Very comfortable win on Saturday, this one was less so. Bit worried for them this season though.

#10 janny

janny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

They were playing at home. I can't think of any other team capable of taking you from hope, to despair, then to anger and depression, quickly followed by absolute euphoria, in the space of minutes.

You're totally correct, it was a home game. I lost my sanity for a few minutes. Love it when Palace come back from the dead...

Edited by janny, 17 August 2011 - 09:03 PM.

#11 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

If Palace get promoted will they make Dougie a Freeman of the Triangle?

#12 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

Sort of happens every season at the mo but agreed !

Dazza

PS Come on guys 'Home' ! Its still a dirty word but glad to see you all pleased with our result !

#13 Fang

Fang

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

If Palace get promoted will they make Dougie a Freeman of the Triangle?

Thank you, yes we have your agents name. Next!

"This is what we find, this is what we find, the hope that springs eternal, springs right up your behind."

#14 cheerfulmusicman

cheerfulmusicman

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

You can hear the post match press conference as recorded by Palace Radio here: http://www.palacerad...t/podcasts.html

And listen back to the post match phone in show too.

It was a crazy comeback in injury time, I felt drunk with delirium for about 24 hours!

#15 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

Great show & great result dare I say we can keep our form & Dougie keeps building this current squad we may be in contention of promotion. Scannel looks like he has now come of age !

Just arguing with my boy as purchasing a selhurst 6 ticket where you can pick any 6 games & cant agree on the six fixtures !

Dazza