upgrade bugs Whats the verdictt?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#16 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:12 PM

Very impressive - really like it! Almost like a new toy at Christmas... but VN is clearly not just for Christmas.
opposed to taking terrapins.

#17 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

Is that a new editing feature too? Or have I just been using the old one very badly??

#18 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

It's all looking really good. Clean. Tidy. Like it.
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#19 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

Thanks Matt, but I am still struggling to upload my personal photos to the gallery.

I hit upload and then do the whole browse thing but then am unable to do Step 2 Review and Publish. I have just copied and pasted what I can see on the screen but what I have pasted is not what I can actually see on the screen i.e. I can not see the bits in blue below).
  • Step 1 Upload Media
  • Step 2 Review and Publish

Posted Image

No Album Selected

New Album Select Album<p class="ipsBox" id="uploadBoxWrapParent">

Review & Publish → You have used 11.5MB of Unlimited (max per upload: 64MB) What file types can I upload?

#20 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

looks good, just one thing from me

can we move the report button to the right, next to MultiQuote and Quote, I am sure we are more likely to use these two buttons and less likely to use Report. I pressed on it twice already by mistake.....
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#21 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

It's fun to have a browse in the members section. So sad that "Zog the Headsplitter" didn't become a VN regular poster...

#22 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

looks good, just one thing from me

can we move the report button to the right, next to MultiQuote and Quote, I am sure we are more likely to use these two buttons and less likely to use Report. I pressed on it twice already by mistake.....

yeah I did that too when I responded to MattVNs original post on here

#23 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

I think it looks really good. Definately the best software compared to other local forums. Sydenhams is a bit dreary and East Dulwich is like an early version of teletext.
I too keep hitting the members profile button rather than looking at the post, so if people see that I have visited, I'm not stalking, just haven't got the hang of it yet :)

#24 Bryher

Bryher

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:28 PM

Congrats Matt - I think it looks great. I haven't tried any of the functionality yet but so far so good. My picture seems a little squashed but as it makes me look thinner I am not complaining!

#25 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

Slightly worried about your profile picture Bryer. Looks like Hermy, me and Palacegirl are way ahead in this area of the forum although I was suprised to see MattVN's picture - it's not at all like Darth Vader! :o

#26 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

Was just looking for up and coming calendar events - is it possible to reinstate a quick view of the events coming up this week please MattVN?

#27 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:20 AM

I too keep hitting the members profile button rather than looking at the post, so if people see that I have visited, I'm not stalking, just haven't got the hang of it yet :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one doing this, apologies to all those (i.e. most recent posters) who wonder why I am having a look at their profiles...

#28 MattVN

MattVN

VN Admin

• Admin
  • 543 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

Congrats Matt - I think it looks great. I haven't tried any of the functionality yet but so far so good. My picture seems a little squashed but as it makes me look thinner I am not complaining!

Sorry about your pic, am happy you look on the bright side of it :-) - this happened to me too and unfortunately I think that the only way it can be fixed is to re-upload!

...I too keep hitting the members profile button rather than looking at the post, so if people see that I have visited, I'm not stalking, just haven't got the hang of it yet :)

@hermit, chewder (think i'm missing someone)
Do you all think that it is something I should remove the link for (member profile) or is it something that we can get use to?

...can we move the report button to the right, next to MultiQuote and Quote, I am sure we are more likely to use these two buttons and less likely to use Report. I pressed on it twice already by mistake.....

I'll look into this palacegirl - my usergroup puts things in different places to members so I'll login as a test member and take a look.

Thanks Matt, but I am still struggling to upload my personal photos to the gallery...

Have put this on the bug list. Will try and replicate as a member. Might take me some time though and am traveling tomorrow for a week - so might only be able to handle smaller things in that time.

Was just looking for up and coming calendar events - is it possible to reinstate a quick view of the events coming up this week please MattVN?

Will sort this out.

Also everyone ok with where the simply "reply" button is? I think there was a reply button (not quote/multiquote) in each post before wasn't there?

Virtual Norwood Admin | Visit VN's WikiBlogsGallery and Calendar

Contact me via webform or at 

#29 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

@hermit, chewder (think i'm missing someone)
Do you all think that it is something I should remove the link for (member profile) or is it something that we can get use to?

I don't think that the members name needs to be an active link as we can always click on their avatar/ picture to view the members profile.
Having the two options probably isn't necessary. Still need to see who posted last on a subject so not too sure if you can have the name without the link.

#30 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

Am getting some odd 'unopened pics' type icons against each post in the 'new content' page...