Photo

The Sparrowhawk - 2 Westow Hill, SE19

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you rate this pub? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Please let other members know how you rate this pub

1. Excellent (6 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. Good (12 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

3. Average (7 votes [20.59%])

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

4. Poor (9 votes [26.47%])

Percentage of vote: 26.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#226 JMS

JMS

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

popped in for a late cocktail and wine on weds.

my whiskey sour was not bad and my better half had no complaints over her rose.

#227 GypsieJ

GypsieJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:31 PM

I had my 50th birthday party in the gorgeous upstairs room of the Sparrowhawk - plenty of room for anywhere between 50 - 100 people and fabulous service too.  The drinks were a little on the expensive side for me to pay for all (as I wanted to), so they set up a bar at the end of the room - and after the £250 of drinks I paid for, folks then paid for their own.  We made our own buffet so it was just perfect - fab night all round and lovely to be in such a homely and ever so charming room. 

Five Gold Stars for the Sparrowhawk in my books :).

#228 bawheid

bawheid

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

I brought a group of friends here (plus a small dog) for Sunday lunch last week and we had a great afternoon. Excellent food and friendly service, even though the place was heaving. Would definitely go again.

#229 halfwayup

halfwayup

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

Had a great (cheap) lunch here the other day. I have to say if they could get planning permission for a rooftop bar area I would be a regular...how amazing would the views be?!

#230 delboydare

delboydare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:29 PM

Oh dear. I feel a bit disappointed by The Sparrowhawk today.

I phoned up to book a table for my wife and me for a meal. All good so far, table space was fine and I was so looking forward to sample the wares when I mentioned I had purchased the Groupon offer in the New Year, which was still valid and still is until next week.

Lo and behold, I was told that I couldn't have a place and to go back to Groupon and get a refund. I pleaded my case and asked if they had another date I could book and no. They will not accept a booking. I feel ripped off as they already have my money. It was their promotion BTW.

Lesson learnt was if you pay in advance and they have your money, you are not treated as a proper customer. Of course I would have purchased many more items and if it was good I would return and shout from the roof tops that it is a great place to eat.

Not now.

Never again will I go to Sparrowhawk or recommend them. Yes I have had drinks there on numerous occasions (it's nothing special), but now I'll just have bad feeling about the place and will never go there again. Another ex-customer.

Thankfully up in CP we still have some good eating and drinking establishments and I'm glad for them. 

#231 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

Not that I even like the cocksparrow sorry sparrowhawk , My GF had same problem it appears Groupon had relisted this by accident. personally I  would say that was a result .

But you are right there are plenty of other Rupert pubs that sell grub up the Palace now. How many visits did it take you to notice it was nothing special again ?

Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig