4 replies to this topic

#1 Yasmine

Yasmine

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Hello!

I have just started up a small new business on the side of my full time day job. Mainly I was interested to see if I have what it takes to set something up.

It's hard! I have become an independent sales rep for a beautiful Jewellery brand, the product is great, I believe in it, I enjoy selling it, and the branding is good. I have a history in sales and have always performed well in past sales positions, but it's amazing when your out there on your own how hard it can be!

Is anyone in the same situation? Have any tips for me, any good networking events they can suggest? I am interested in getting involved with anything that may help me long term, I am not trying to make quick money but grow my business so maybe could rely on it more in the future.

Look forward to hearing from any of you

Yasmine

#2 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

South East London Business Network on LinkedIn holds networking events all the time. Members seem to come from every sort of industry and stretch into Kent as well. I can't vouch for any of the events as I'm not a participant but I've read about them and the group itself seems busy enough.

#3 Yasmine

Yasmine

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

Thanks Spoon, i'll take a look at that. Just went to a new launch today for the brand I'm working with and feel really energised about it again so hopefully things will start to pick up. Met some other people who are doing the same as me and got some tips etc...

Thanks again for the tip :)

#4 mike73

mike73

Mike

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

Hi ya,

You are more than welcome to visit the Networking group that I attend. We meet every thursday at Dulwich Golf Course, there is a wide spread of different trades.

I joined about 3 months ago and wished I'd joined years ago! We recommend that you pop down a couple of times to see if its for you.

#5 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:51 PM

Am watching this thread with interest, as I sometimes daydream about leaving the public sector and doing something on my own. Good luck Yasmine, hope you are successful with this :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jewelley, Business, New bussiness, Sales