Photo

Things that irrationally irritate you as you get older (and grumpier).

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#271 Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Mustn't upset the almighty.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

A friend of mine never reads fiction - she feels that it is a waste of her time on earth and that she should only be reading factual, informative books :wacko:

I can understand that. I've got piles of books all over the place and the only non-fiction titles are all by Irvine Welsh. Sport biographies, rock biographies, travel writing (including an unhealthy amount of coffee table books) and 20th century history with the occasional serial killer/criminal/forensics book chucked in for good measure. I never really felt the need to read stuff that's not real or based on fact.

Edited by Sidney Ruff-Diamond, 16 November 2012 - 11:52 AM.

Never eat a piece of cheese bigger than your head.

#272 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Sports/ actors biographies are normally works of fiction trust me used to work in publishing & worked very closely with a couple of ghostwriters 1 who didnt even meet up with the superstars as a rule !

If they were testd on their own book I bet very few could even name the title of it ! Fiction for sure with a couple of true stories chucked in to fill it up !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#273 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

I liked Kenneth Brannagh's - oh wrong thread - grumpier as you get older hmmm - scratches chin a lá Dick Dastardly - waking up with what feels like a hangover when Ive never touched a drop - never remembering that happening in my youth

#274 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

..... never remembering that happening in my youth

Hate that. R remembers masses about his youth - all his school mates, the years that records came out etc. My memory is distinctly hazy :(

#275 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Ive had amnesia for as long as I can remember!

#276 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

I liked Kenneth Brannagh's - oh wrong thread - grumpier as you get older hmmm - scratches chin a lá Dick Dastardly - waking up with what feels like a hangover when Ive never touched a drop - never remembering that happening in my youth

I get that when I stick to soft drinks of an evening.
To avoid this I HAVE to drink beer.
Love The Triangle...