• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#16 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

Duh! I totally misread your post. I thought you said here or elsewhere on the forum that you were going to PM MattVN re all the bugs- sorry!

#17 voodoo

voodoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hi
I'm fairly new to VN, and just posted in the forum. I also attached a 1MGB JPEG, but it never showed. It did say that I needed Flash 9 to do so, but I would have thought an ordinary JPEG would have been ok ?
Any advice would be grateful, but please be gentle as I'm an idiot :-))))))))))))))))))))))))

#18 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

Hi
I'm fairly new to VN, and just posted in the forum. I also attached a 1MGB JPEG, but it never showed. It did say that I needed Flash 9 to do so, but I would have thought an ordinary JPEG would have been ok ?
Any advice would be grateful, but please be gentle as I'm an idiot :-))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi voodoo and welcome to VN :)

I am no techie, but I think you have to upload the photo first either to a photo hosting site (e.g. Flickr? ) or into VN gallery and then paste the URL into the post using the image insert icon above the text box. Give it a go and let me know if any pros.

#19 voodoo

voodoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Thanks Summit, I'll try that now and let you know how it goes. Cheers ;-)))))))))))))))))))

Boz

#20 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Thanks Summit, I'll try that now and let you know how it goes. Cheers ;-)))))))))))))))))))

Boz

BTW - I can see your pic on the Thicket Tavern thread.

#21 Axean

Axean

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

This guide to adding pictures to the forum was created on the wiki a while back. Looks a little bit complicated though!
How_to_add_a_picture_to_a_forum_post

#22 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

I'd like to suggest free drinks for all on Virtual Norwood at...

Oh drat, edit function failed.
opposed to taking terrapins.

#23 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

It's that city (New York).... drives everybody bonkers. I reckon we should ban him until he fixes that B L O O D Y edit function!!!! :D

#24 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

It's that city (New York).... drives everybody bonkers. I reckon we should ban him until he fixes that B L O O D Y edit function!!!! :D

I second that.
I also just realised, ages later, that a post I made about the edit function seems to have been removed. It was pointedly worded, but not unfair. In fact, I thought it was very much more fair than the current situation, in which we all generate content and traffic on a site for MattVN, some people even having to be diplomatic heroes on 24 hour duty to prevent various Palace-tinian uprisings, yet we don't get reply from MattVN on why he can't fix the edit functions.

#25 MattVN

MattVN

VN Admin

• Admin
  • 543 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

Gill's account was suspended for 10 days. It will be open again should she wish to post, on Thursday.

Virtual Norwood Admin | Visit VN's WikiBlogsGallery and Calendar

Contact me via webform or at 

#26 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

I suppose the question everybody is asking why it had to happen in the first place....

this is supposed to be a community website and GillW is one of the best advocats for community spirit because she cares!

it seems to be a case of 'if you don't play nicely you are grounded' ....
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#27 MattVN

MattVN

VN Admin

• Admin
  • 543 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

...it seems to be a case of 'if you don't play nicely you are grounded' ....

Yep that's it.

Virtual Norwood Admin | Visit VN's WikiBlogsGallery and Calendar

Contact me via webform or at