• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#151 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

Out? In? who cares? - its what you like and feels right for you that counts! ne'er be swayed by passing fads - be true to yourself and the rest will fall into place I reckon

#152 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

Indeed, it would be a sad thing to bow to the fashionistas of the food serving world.
Rachel
My link

#153 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

I don't mind what it comes on as long as it tastes nice!
Love The Triangle...

#154 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Chopping boards are out, slate slabs are in!

Mebbe, but in my limited experience, slates were a few years ago and now it's planks - we seem to be regressing. Next year, troughs!

#155 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

I can't wait for baskets to come back!
Love The Triangle...

#156 Borgus

Borgus

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Was walking by Currys PC World today and thought I would pop in to have a look at what TVs were on sale. There was one TV I might have been interested in and wanted to ask some questions, but the salesman was already dealing with a customer. I heard the customer ask how much he could save on the £179.99 price with the advertised 10% discount. The salesman said he was not good at maths, but he knew a trick to work it out. He said you cover the digit before the decimal point and the two after it, then went on to demonstrate it to the impressed customer. Only £1 out, so far.

The customer then asked how much he could save if the TV was reducedby 20% in the sale. I eargerly awaited the response of "£34", but alas. After a pause, the answer was "£48" and the customer was suitably impressed. I gave up immediately and left to quietly sob in the car park.

Staggering stupidity on both sides with a lack of basic maths. :unsure:
"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph

#157 rsatt

rsatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

was at the grape and grain tonight and was told to f**k off by a mum in front of her kid when i dared to stand up for the bar staff who were very politely telling her that their license didn't allow children in the bar after 6. she also used the c word with bar staff. lovely way to act on Christmas eve. some people should stick to weathwrspoons.

#158 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

was at the grape and grain tonight and was told to f**k off by a mum in front of her kid when i dared to stand up for the bar staff who were very politely telling her that their license didn't allow children in the bar after 6. she also used the c word with bar staff. lovely way to act on Christmas eve. some people should stick to weathwrspoons.

We were sitting further down the bar when that noisy lot left - didn't hear the exchange but were very glad when they finally departed! Good for you for supporting the bar staff - best bar staff in S London and they don't deserve such disgusting behaviour.

#159 rsatt

rsatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

I completely agree that they're the best bar staff. While I can understand that finding a large space where you can bring your brood is hard to find, parents should understand that when bringing a large brood of kids to a pub on Christmas Eve it may be difficult to keep them under control, and other patrons may not appreciate having the precious little darlings running around like maniacs.

#160 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

UberFacts (@UberFacts) tweeted at 6:17 PM on Thu, Dec 27, 2012:

Penis enlargement surgeries are free in Cuba.
(https://twitter.com/...362285835776000)

#161 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

As are Castro-tions - boom boom!

#162 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

I get this sort of e-mail or the time, but recently they have taken a turn for the weird/slightly poetic:

obtained the commandto be confined to the islands, occur on the American commander leads him, and presenting also

took more apples, afterward, for many were on the good, but she could have been ten times better. But receptionist makes her wait to pick something up, and she sees

stop the threa+t of impotence. rvvia+qjra+ super a+ctive

ancient sea-bays, and I have sometimes speculated whether this sudden steepening:urged that it...

is of laughter. That one was ahis life serene in character, and never shouted or stamped at anyone

Rachel
My link

#163 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Apparently:

For men, chewing a stalk of celery releases androstenone and androstenol odour molecules - making them more attractive to women.

#164 GillyMS

GillyMS

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Haha.. would turn me RIGHT off! Can't stand the smell of celery, have even been known to get off the bus if someone boards with some on their shopping bag!

#165 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

women obviously like men on a good celery