• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Curzon

Curzon

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

Moved into Gipsy Hill/CP with my better half and our cat a couple of months ago and have already found VN a superb source of info on what's going on in the - lovely - area.

I'm ashamed to say i'd never been this way before (despite living South of the river for 4/5 years) and had never heard of Norwood or Gipsy Hill - what a find! Don't think we'll be moving again any time soon!

Anyway, a quick hello!

Curzon

#2 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

Welcome, Curzon!

#3 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

Hi Curzon - welcome to the area and to VN. I moved to upper Norwood over 20 years ago and you will find it hard to leave :) (the more cats the better too!).

Maybe come along to the VN Social on Friday 16th dec at the Grape and Grain? We are a friendly lot and the beer is very good (and the vino for that matter).

Edited by Summit Lover, 10 November 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#4 Curzon

Curzon

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

Is it the 1st (Thurs) or 2nd (Friday) - unfortunately we're at a wedding on the Friday but Thursday might be possible (though i'm a "groomsman" so i may have to do something the night before too)

hold up - just spotted the other topic - it's the 16th! Yep looks pretty good at the moment and the G & G is one of the places we haven't visited yet despite loving my ales!

#5 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

Is it the 1st (Thurs) or 2nd (Friday) - unfortunately we're at a wedding on the Friday but Thursday might be possible (though i'm a "groomsman" so i may have to do something the night before too)

hold up - just spotted the other topic - it's the 16th! Yep looks pretty good at the moment and the G & G is one of the places we haven't visited yet despite loving my ales!

Darn - sorry Curzon, should have read the '16th' December - can you make it?

#6 Curzon

Curzon

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

we couldn't make it in the end and have been away over christmas etc but if there's another one coming up we'd love to get along!