• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

Every revolutionary idea seems to evoke three stages of reaction. They may be summed up by the phrases: 1- It's completely impossible. 2- It's possible, but it's not worth doing. 3- I said it was a good idea all along. Arthur C. Clarke

#17 captainmcdan

captainmcdan

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

"I want to go to heaven. But if Jeffrey Archer's there, I want to go to Lewisham" Spike Milligan

#18 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

"I want to go to heaven. But if Jeffrey Archer's there, I want to go to Lewisham" Spike Milligan

Ha Ha! Posted Image
Can't bear Archer, disgraceful and distasteful man.

Edited by Summit Lover, 24 November 2011 - 10:51 PM.
flipping site tools don't work!

#19 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

"I think one's feelings waste themselves in words; they ought all to be distilled into actions which bring results."Florence Nightingale

#20 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

"People see me, and they see the suit, and they go: "you're not fooling anyone", they know I'm rock and roll through and through. But you know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old. That's the way- not orthodox, I don't live by "the rules" you know. And if there's one other person who's influenced me in that way I think, someone who is a maverick, someone who does that to the system, then, it's Ian Botham. Because Beefy will happily say "that's what I think of your selection policy, yes I've hit the odd copper, yes I've enjoyed the odd dooby, but will you piss off and leave me alone, I'm walking to John O'Groats for some spastics." DAVID BRENT

#21 Tambo

Tambo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking.
Dorothy L. Sayers

Likes rock and roll,country and western and hip and hop

#22 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” Albert Einstein

#23 Tambo

Tambo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

"Originality is nothing but judicious imitation. The most original writers borrowed one from another. The instruction we find in books is like fire. We fetch it from our neighbors, kindle it at home, communicate it to others, and it becomes the property of all."

Voltaire
Likes rock and roll,country and western and hip and hop

#24 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:59 AM

It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

George Burns

#25 captainmcdan

captainmcdan

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:35 AM

"We are all of us more or less unwilling to be brought into the world. And we are all of us right." - Wilkie Collins

#26 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

We all know that small cars are good for us. But so is cod liver oil. And jogging. Jeremy Clarkson

#27 fungigirl

fungigirl

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:20 PM

"Be who you are and say what you feel, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#28 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

As for me, all I know is that I know nothing

Socrates - the Greek one - not Sócrates Brasileiro Sampaio de Souza Vieira de Oliveira - RIP

#29 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:18 AM

'Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results'

Albert Einstein

#30 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try" Dr Seuss