• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 centralhilleagle

centralhilleagle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

OK, so it's only the Mickey Mouse cup, but do any local Palace fans (or other locals) want to meet somewhere in the triangle to watch this game on the 30th?

Dazza? Could be a chance to finally wet the baby's head.

Does anyone know where the game is being shown? Before you suggest it, the Railway Bell's a bit out of my way, Dazza, but if I get no other options...

#2 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

I am sure Patricks would show this ! Even though I not a fan of the place would love to meet a cerain VNer who guages CPFC support by how many people watch the local team in this place !

Good few thousand are travelling up I hear !

Dazza

PS 2 birds with stone !
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#3 centralhilleagle

centralhilleagle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Hmm, Patricks doesn't fit that many people in. I doubt all local fans would fit in there! Although I doubt this is a good match to gauge local support, given that a) a lot of fans are going up to Manchester, c) many will watch it at home (those with Sky Sports at least) and d) I know at least a few local fans who prefer to go to the pubs near Selhurst Park to watch CP matches on telly. Other than that it's a good indicator, though! The old boy a couple of doors down (in his 80s) still goes to a lot of home games, but I can't see him going to Patricks, somehow.

Was thinking of going up myself, but as it means an overnight stay and morning off work (given that it could run to extra time etc.) I decided against it.

So Patricks is the provisional venue, then! Do I need to wear my Palace top as an indicator of local support? ;) Not sure they'd even allow football shirts in, given that all football fans destroy everything in sight, given half a chance.

#4 Axean

Axean

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

So Patricks is the provisional venue, then! Do I need to wear my Palace top as an indicator of local support? ;)

As London is Man Utd home territory it'd be reasonable to assume anyone watching the match was one of their supporters. So for this match it might be a good idea to where your Palace top

#5 centralhilleagle

centralhilleagle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

As London is Man Utd home territory it'd be reasonable to assume anyone watching the match was one of their supporters. So for this match it might be a good idea to where your Palace top

A fair assumption, as anyone watching their team on TV, rather than in the ground, is statistically more likely to be a Man Utd fan than not ;)

#6 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

Patricks it is until we get a better offer !

Dazza

PS My spelling is getting worse in my old age !

#7 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

Unfortunately I'm unable to join my fine feathered friends as the match clashes with the UN Library public meeting :(

Dazza- think you need to increase those booze levels, might help with spelling!

But then again...........apparently we are a nation of brainboxes!

http://www.psycholog...nk-more-alcohol

#8 CityView

CityView

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

:yawn:

I'll be there and I'm sure I'll be able to spot you all wearing those matching red and blue tinted spectacles ;)

#9 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

Was just looking at official Palace site they have sold nearly 4500 tickets for the man u game already ! Tickets went on general sale on the 16th & the allocation has now been increased to 6000 with a look to increase to 9000 if required !

Looks like it will be a quet evening in Patricks as everyone else has gone to the game !

See you there Central Hill Eagle perhaps celebrate in the spice afterwards if your up for it !

Dazza

PS All welcome whoever wants to tag along !

#10 Redbunny23

Redbunny23

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

All cheer and yell for the mascot who I has just been telling me he will be and is very very excited.

#11 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

Think we have sold over 5000 tickets now ! Very impressive for a midweek game !

See all in Patricks !

Dazza

#12 centralhilleagle

centralhilleagle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

Hi all. After kicking this off, I will sadly have to pull out. Mrs CHE is ill at home, so I have to stay in to watch the little one. Gutted. I was well up for a few beers and possible trip to the Spice. Hope you all enjoy it anyway. I'll be jealously with you in spirit. We'll have to do it again when Palace reach the Semi Final.

#13 cathyh

cathyh

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:24 PM

pretty exciting at this stage...go Palace

#14 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

This is the hardest post i have ever had to write as I am trying to pen this whilst eating a bit of fried chicken after 10 + pints of beer !
Was in Patricks watching the game which was like beating Burnley in the late 70's when most of you didnt know where CP was on the world map then !

Cityview you missed meeting all my mates ( most of them in the plus 20 stone club ) patricks was packed out with eagles some even wearing CPFC merchandise !

Sorry i miised you grizzily but have been down the pub most of the day hope missus feeling better !

What a night ! My mates who went to old trafford will prob never let me forget I did not go !

Eagles red & blue army !

Dazza Hiccup !

#15 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:33 AM

Poked my head through the door of Patricks this evening and it was packed, a few wearing Palace colours (not sure if that debate is still raging) and the odd suit wearing accountant type.

Great result for Palace! :) Beating one of the worlds (surposed) best teams on their own soil!