164 replies to this topic

#16 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:31 PM

What do you expect in our rediculous Liberal society ! Tree Huggers have taken over our country !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#17 SJH2002

SJH2002

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-16051120

Apparently it was an error - "The court file was later amended to show she has not yet pleaded" and she's remanded in Custody till Jan 3rd, and denied bail

#18 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

Seems a bit much really when these nasty pieces of work got away with a brutal racist attack BECAUSE they are Muslims and arent used to drink. With stories like this in mind, I wouldnt be surprised there are more tram incidents in the not too distant.

http://www.dailymail...slag-FREED.html

#19 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

Oh my goodness. That video footage is incredible! The attack just goes on and on! The poor bloke was in an impossible situation - they were like a pack of dogs and he had to hit them to keep them off his girlfriend. I hope this goes to appeal. I am appalled that they were not given custodial sentences. :angry:

#20 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

Prompted by another poster on Mailonline, I've just submitted a complaint to the Equality and Human Rights Commission about this case, such is my strength of feeling! http://www.equalityh...t-us/contactus/

#21 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

I would rather not look at the footage but I get the gist :( Such apparent miscarriages of justice are appalling, including for the many respectable and hard working muslims in this country. Very sad state of affairs :(

#22 CityView

CityView

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

Seems a bit much really when these nasty pieces of work got away with a brutal racist attack BECAUSE they are Muslims and arent used to drink. With stories like this in mind, I wouldnt be surprised there are more tram incidents in the not too distant.

http://www.dailymail...slag-FREED.html

REALLY????!!!???? - SLR.

So is it now OK to be a hardcore racist just because another group is??? Emma West deserves as much as she gets. And yes these girls deserve a hell of a lot more to. The two incidents are not related.

The muslim girls weren't let off BECAUSE they are Muslims for one. If you're going to regurgetate the Daily friggin Mail at least read it properly and undertand that the Daily Mail has an agenda. The judge "HEARD" from the defence lawyer an argument, and I'm SURE that wasn't the only argument he heard when passing sentence. He's hardly come out and he sentenced them leniently becase he was fearful of a fatwa.

Fortunately, I'm sure most people, even Daily Mail readers won't start joining Combat 18 just because of one incident.

#23 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

REALLY????!!!???? - SLR.

So is it now OK to be a hardcore racist just because another group is??? Emma West deserves as much as she gets. And yes these girls deserve a hell of a lot more to. The two incidents are not related.

The muslim girls weren't let off BECAUSE they are Muslims for one. If you're going to regurgetate the Daily friggin Mail at least read it properly and undertand that the Daily Mail has an agenda. The judge "HEARD" from the defence lawyer an argument, and I'm SURE that wasn't the only argument he heard when passing sentence. He's hardly come out and he sentenced them leniently becase he was fearful of a fatwa.

Fortunately, I'm sure most people, even Daily Mail readers won't start joining Combat 18 just because of one incident.

I didn't read SLR's post as condoning such behaviour. That said, the CJS in this country makes me despair - as does the inappropriate use of human rights leg in some cases. Agree that poor reporting doesn't help.

#24 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

It was only a matter of time until someone like you piped up. So it appeared in the mail. So what. Are you saying you agree with the verdict ? The Croydon woman was wrong as I have said. Your post astounds me it really does.

The fact that they were Muslim WAS used in mitigation. Would they get let off if they were driving a car as they weren't used to alcohol

#25 CityView

CityView

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

Let me just clarify. I wasn't suggesting SLR was condoning any actions taken.

But I'm very anti any sentiment that Emma West is being treated unfairly just because of a court ruling in a completely unrelated case.

I also just wanted to highlight strongly that this misreported garbage should not be pedalled as fact. It's the kind of poison that leads a certian part of our society to believe that every eastern European in Britain also has a fondness for eating cats and it needs to be nipped in the bud sharply and quickly.

Sorry for my harshness and not a personal dig at SLR but we all need to look at things a bit more carefully before making judgements.

#26 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

has a fondness for eating cats and it needs to be nipped in the bud sharply and quickly.

Is this anything to do with catnip, a plant whose name has always puzzled me?
opposed to taking terrapins.

#27 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

Garbage indeed !
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#28 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

For gods sake It was reporting what was said in court. The mail is a crap newspaper but they were quoting from the court. You cannot deny the videos on the link. I suppose you think the riots were the old bills fault too. Thanks for saying you weren't condemning me cityview but I'm quite glad you didn't come to Patrick's last week

Ps. Thanks gillw and sl

#29 Chris Palace

Chris Palace

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

. The mail is a crap newspaper

...But you appear to read it anyway? Anything that's reported in the Daily Heil should be regarded with utter contempt. I'd hesitate to even credit it with the title of 'newspaper', such are the depths of its hateful, cretinous, one-sided, racist idiocies.

People from all backgrounds do things wrong and should be held to account when they do. However quoting a story about Muslims from the Daily Heil is a bit like quoting a story about buses by Jeremy Clarkson. If someone is a massively prejudiced idiot, their opinion is immediately worthless.

#30 Posie

Posie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:33 PM

I think that the courts have refused bail to this young woman because a, they fear that she will be in danger if they release her and b, she probably needs more help from professionals to sort out what is happening in her life.
Andreas, catnip (nepeta cataria) is a member of the mint family and contains a mild hallucinogen, I love watching cats go bonkers over this plant.