• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 foxsoup

foxsoup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

Hi everyone. I've been registered on here for a little while now but not gotten around to posting anything. I moved into Crystal Palace from Sheffield with my other half last May, really liking the atmosphere of the local area. Was a bit unsure about the big move to London since the only places I'd really seen were Wood Green (hmm) and Plumstead (urgh), but it's turned out to be really nice down here!

By day I'm a mild-mannered web developer for an agency in Soho, by night I'm an ale-drinking music junkie.

So, hi! :)

#2 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

Welcome aboard, foxsoup! :)

#3 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hi everyone. I've been registered on here for a little while now but not gotten around to posting anything. I moved into Crystal Palace from Sheffield with my other half last May, really liking the atmosphere of the local area. Was a bit unsure about the big move to London since the only places I'd really seen were Wood Green (hmm) and Plumstead (urgh), but it's turned out to be really nice down here!

By day I'm a mild-mannered web developer for an agency in Soho, by night I'm an ale-drinking music junkie.

So, hi! :)

Welcome to the good ship SVIRTYÅL SNÅRUÖÖD foxsoup - Nice combo "ale-dinking music junkie" - you must be having a great time in CP. :D
Have you visited the Tavern yet: http://www.virtualno...in-a-user-name/

#4 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

Interesting moniker fs......and a big welcome to VN and to the area (which I agree is great but I am horribly biased).

Hope you can make it to the Christmas VN Social - Friday 16th Dec in the glorious Grape and Grain. Come along and sink a few and put some names to faces :)

#5 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

Welcome, foxsoup. As Summit Lover said try and make it to the christmas social and sample the delights of the G and G ale range! Also, not too sure if you know but Tambo does an RPM club once a month in the G and G where people play their own vinal and drink ale.

#6 foxsoup

foxsoup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for the welcome folks! :) I'll have to see if I can make it to the Christmas Social doodad... got quite a lot on between now and crimbo and not sure when I'll be around, would be nice to say hi to a few locals though. I've popped into the G&G for a couple of pints before, it's a nice boozer.

That RPM Club sounds good Hermit, will try to get down next week for it but again kinda depends on work/life/everything. Cheers for pointing me at it!

#7 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

Welcome foxsoup... There does seem to be an awful lot of webbies in CP! And an awful lot of ale drinkers so you're in good company. I'm no longer in CP having sold up and moved to Beckenham for schools and space, but will be back every other week or so. If for no other reason that most of the pubs in my new neighbourhood are pretty shocking!
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter