It's dark at the end of Church Road

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

A number of street lights at the end of Church Road near All Saints Church have been out for a few days. I rang Croydon Council just now and reported it but it will take 4 days to get them working again, in case anyone is interested. Seems weird that several have all gone at the same time though.
aka Pie

#2 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

I noticed that aswell on Saturday night. Did look odd. If you phone them again could you ask them to plug in their Christmas lights that don't work?

#3 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

Various lights out along Stambourne Way for what seems forever or should I say Campaign Way after finding out how many campaigners live along our road tonight. One thing I picked up from the Full meeting of Croydon council (yawn) tonight was something about all the Croydon street lights being replaced - apparently all down to the new Conservative administration backed by the Coalition Government. The scene went (to much cheering and foot stamping - not quite sure where some of the members thought they were) - x years of a labour government couldn't get us new street lights, the Coalition came in and hey presto overnight things have been resolved.......................................................

#4 david1409

david1409

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:41 AM

I reported this last Wednesday. I called them again on Thursday and was told somebody did look at it and that it was not a problem that could be fixed by the council or their contractors because it was a "section fault" and that they in turn had reported the fault to the power company. I was also told that it could be up to 30 days for this to be sorted out. That night they lit-up :) Then on Friday :mellow:, Saturday :( and Sunday :angry: nights they didn't. Last night, Monday, they lit-up again :D. Nobody at the council seems to know if they are fixed or what is happening to them.

#5 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

Yes, we noticed they were back on again last evening. It's a mystery why the Council doesn't seem to know anything when street lighting is their responsibility.
aka Pie