• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

I was a member here until circumstances required to a move to (gasp) north London. Cockfosters to be exact.
I've never liked it and circumstances now mean I can move back south of the river.

Viewed a flat in Sydenham yesterday and popped up to the Triangle for the first time in almost two years.

The evening in the Grape & Grain confirmed to me that I have missed this place for too long. Look forward to contributing again!
Love The Triangle...

#2 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

Welcome back Billy S! How long were you cast out into the hinterland of N London (shudder) for?

Edited to add, just seen your 2 year reference. If you can make it, try and come along to the Christmas VN Social at the Grape and Grain next Friday evening (16th) :)

Edited by Summit Lover, 11 December 2011 - 01:06 PM.

#3 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:30 PM

Oh wow - will do!
Love The Triangle...

#4 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

Nice. Welcome back. I feel the same (not that I moved to Cockfosters and back).

#5 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

Well... I double booked on Friday didn't I?
Very sorry I missed the drinks.
Hopefully by the next one I will be esconced in CP! (Eeew, that could sound rude).

House Hunting : Story so far
Have viewed 2 flats so far, one of them had access only via a spiral staircase. How do you move furniture in?!!
Arranged to view 2 more, by the time I got to the estate agent (within 24 hours of arranging viewings, they had gone. Estate agent never told me... still it was nice to see Crystal Palace again. This commute from Cockfosters could become regular!)
Love The Triangle...

#6 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

Well I made it! Thanks to the wonderful networking here on VN I -you- found me a great flat! Moved from Cockfosters last Thursday and can't say how delighted I am to be "local" again.

Have caught the number 3 bus a few times from work and get a child like sense of joy when the transmitter comes into view: I normally notice it as the bus goes near The Paxton.

Add to that the lovely snow on Saturday, and the people walking their dogs who waved hello from across the road to me, and that amazing pie in G&G : well I'm very happy!!!!
Love The Triangle...

#7 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

A heartwarming post on a cold night kg! Nice one...
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#8 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

Glad to have helped, Billy! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new