• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 mickeyboy

mickeyboy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

After the recent flak from some, on the 'New Openings' thread about the new fascia sign at Fogo's Brazilian restaurant, what a cr*p new sign has just appeared at the Candle Shop, 111 Church Road. It's a bright traditional, hand painted sign, with a boring font, of the Times New Romam/Helvetica ilk. The design was obviously not thought through properly and 'done on the cheap'. What we want on the Triangle is more shop signs that use no imagination and look very tacky, costing the least amount of money, afterall, that's what most people think when they go into business.
But, heh, who knows, there might be a 'local' out there that could make a difference. (given the chance!) ;)

#2 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

A bit harsh, m'boy? I thought the sign was ok. One man's boring is another man's classic. I'm more concerned they missed the pre-Christmas period, surely the busiest time of year for a candle shop. Hope they do ok.

#3 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

My birthday is in January if anyone wants to buy me a candle! Posted Image

#4 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:46 AM

ps. your 3rd shop along in Church Road ( Candle Shop, you heard it here first ) will have a traditional hand painted sign soon! )
x

Mickeyboy, I take it you were undercut on the job! Sorry to hear that. Not the most imaginative of signs I agree, but not quite up there with fogo's and cappuchicos.
Agree with you about wanting nice signs though. I know I may come across as a whinger but there are some great signs on the triangle, just wish others will follow suit.

(P.S. Will do a 'Hermies top 10 signs' thread soon)

#5 mickeyboy

mickeyboy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

After the recent flak from some, on the 'New Openings' thread about the new fascia sign at Fogo's Brazilian restaurant, what a cr*p new sign has just appeared at the Candle Shop, 111 Church Road. It's a bright traditional, hand painted sign, with a boring font, of the Times New Romam/Helvetica ilk. The design was obviously not thought through properly and 'done on the cheap'. What we want on the Triangle is more shop signs that use no imagination and look very tacky, costing the least amount of money, afterall, that's what most people think when they go into business.
But, heh, who knows, there might be a 'local' out there that could make a difference. (given the chance!) ;)

Heh, I forgot where I was, I thought I was in The Tavern with the jokers and citizenM. Didn't realise you would take this thread as gospel. Yes we did sign write the Candle Shop fascia, as forecasted. Their spec.which in the end turned out quite good I thought. Anyway, back to the drawing board.

#6 pupkin

pupkin

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

Are you sure you wouldn't rather have four SL?

#7 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

Four candles for SL coming up

#8 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:49 AM

No ta, I have plenty of forks! Edited to add, darn Charlie beat me to it...

Edited by Summit Lover, 23 December 2011 - 09:51 AM.

#9 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

If they were for your cake SL, I fear they wouldnt have enough stock.......

#10 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

If they were for your cake SL, I fear they wouldnt have enough stock.......

Posted Image

#11 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

Of course, not forgetting this Ronnie Corbert clip.

#12 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Can't work out if mickeyboy did or didn't write the sign and does or doesn't like it. This is why I mostly steer clear of tavern discussions!

#13 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

Agreed NanaZ. I think I've only just worked out what the C*** stood for. 'cos to me at first it certainly wasnt crap!

#14 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

Me too! C*** minds think alike :D

#15 mickeyboy

mickeyboy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

Can't work out if mickeyboy did or didn't write the sign and does or doesn't like it. This is why I mostly steer clear of tavern discussions!

As I mentioned before, yes we did write the sign and

As I mentioned before, yes we did write the sign and

Attached File  images.jpg   3.84KB   4 downloads