Milkhouse Candle Shop Sign

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

Agreed NanaZ. I think I've only just worked out what the C*** stood for. 'cos to me at first it certainly wasnt crap!

Darn!

#17 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Had a saunter past it on the way to (a very busy - full of stressed faces) Sainos - I think it looks rather smart :D

#18 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

Heh, I forgot where I was, I thought I was in The Tavern with the jokers and citizenM.

Posted Image

#19 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

After the recent flak from some, on the 'New Openings' thread about the new fascia sign at Fogo's Brazilian restaurant, what a cr*p new sign has just appeared at the Candle Shop, 111 Church Road. It's a bright traditional, hand painted sign, with a boring font, of the Times New Romam/Helvetica ilk. The design was obviously not thought through properly and 'done on the cheap'. What we want on the Triangle is more shop signs that use no imagination and look very tacky, costing the least amount of money, afterall, that's what most people think when they go into business.
But, heh, who knows, there might be a 'local' out there that could make a difference. (given the chance!) ;)

What a difference a day makes - one day there is a boring old brown shopfront (beautifully painted by Mr. ClaireyM) and the next it has been transformed into a lovely brown shopfront called The Milkhouse Candle Co.

Puts me in mind of: (replace Dame with sign)

http://youtu.be/czc-0OqfhEM

#20 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

It is indeed a lovely sign. Considering that we are in the middle of the worst recession for 70 years, the Triangle has done remarkably well this past couple of years. Looking forward to seeing the shop itself.
opposed to taking terrapins.

#21 duckec01

duckec01

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

How about a photo please for those long departed CP?

#22 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

As I mentioned before, yes we did write the sign and

In that case dear mickeyboy you should be delighted that I defended your design against your own, what I now realise to be, irony. Oh well.

#23 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

I hear that more of Taking the Mickeyboy's work will be on display at the weekend ;)

#24 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Ooh where's that then?

#25 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Ooh where's that then?

Between Friday and Monday...

PS sorry, couldn't resist, all will be revealed.
opposed to taking terrapins.

#26 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

So..., anyone been in the candle shop and bought a candle... from looking in the window the other evening I can only see one space empty on their shelves..... ;)
How on earth is this place keeping afloat!!!?????
Nice looking shop (and sign) but....****puzzled & pondering thoughts/looks**** :blink:
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#27 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

I have bought quite a few - they are made from soy oil and beeswax as opposed to paraffin wax and the scent is much better than ordinary scented candles. They fill my flat with lovely scent and I normally burn one every evening for a while - current favourites are Carrot Spice Cake and Barndance.

The shop has a fair few customers at weekends and has a website going now. Hope they thrive as I can't be bothered with ordinary candles any more.

#28 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

same here. I cannot use any other candles anymore. I must have spent a fortune in there, I buy them as presents....... the smell delicious...
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#29 mao

mao

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

I am a regular and a happy customer too! I would recommend it. The candles are well worth the price. I wish them the best of luck.

#30 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Personally I haven't seen a soul in there other than the guy at his laptop.
I really want his business to do well and having the website would be a real plus to the business but cant understand how the place can afford the rents...
(each to their own though)
Love a good burning candle though :)
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com