Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

This is not Brighton or any other outpost most people on here come from

?!

#17 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

I have opened the thread again, but please keep it non abusive to other members and please be careful not to stay into remarks that may be perceived as racist.

#18 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

?!

Outsiders Gill. People who arent from these parts

#19 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

People who arent from these parts

By these parts I take it you mean London. So how do you view people who have lived in London for say 25 years but were not born here - are they in your esteemed view outsiders or honorary (read second rate) Londoners? Maybe there should be some sort of test, if you still speak with a regional accent and support your home team then you should go back to where you came from or summat??

#20 Trixta

Trixta

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

Sorry. When I wrote for fear of offending the IC3 community, what I meant was forcing them to confront and face-up to their own, collective responsibilities. Not persistently overlook the fact that a disproportionate number of violent offenders that emanate from their community. Things will eventually come to a head if they don't.

#21 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

Upper Norwood is just a suburb of London affected by normal inner london crime, it is not a village or an independant community well it hasnt been in my 45 years + of living in these parts. You are more likely to get stabbed or shot than run down by a combine harvester in CP as well fact !

Sorry to dissapoint you new arrivals

Dazza IC1
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#22 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

Luckily VN is not parochial - nor are the majority of people in the area.

Edited by Summit Lover, 04 January 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#23 Trixta

Trixta

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

Why was my last post deleted? It wasn't in the least bit offensive.

#24 Trixta

Trixta

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

Why was my last post deleted? It wasn't in the least bit offensive.

Sorry, disregard the above. I hadn't realised that the thread had continued onto another page.

#25 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

Trixta what IC are you !

Dazza IC1
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#26 Trixta

Trixta

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

IC1. Proud of it, too.

#27 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

How far away from these parts do you have to be not to count?
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#28 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

No you haven't, all you're doing is trivialising an important point.

The point is, there's no point in speculating that it's a crime committed from someone from the black community just for the sake of it. It's not overtly racist no (an no one's calling anyone a racist) but it does smell of a them and us attitude to many and will get people's backs up and it does nothing to address the problems. It does the opposite. You'll find that social division has a big part to play in crime as well.

Don't worry, I'm not going all tree buggy and liberal on you, I do recognise that general materialistic greed, drugs blah blah probably has a greater role to play. Violent crime (if that is what this is) needs a a hard, tough approach to tackle it damn quickly but that will only deal with the short term. For a long term solution we have to take a longer, harder look in the mirror and dig deeper to a whole plethora of root causes and sort those.

I might be misinterpreting this but just because someone has an issue with someone speculating that a whole community is responsible for a crime, it doesn't make them a softy who invites crime. IMHO it makes them someone far more capable of recognising and solving some root causes of crime and demonstrates that they've woken up to the fact that we are all one big community, rather than believing the problem only exists in someone else's community and should be sorted by them.

I wasnt saying that the problem should be sorted soley by one section of our community - the "them" or "theses people" refers to the thugs who carry out the violent acts- as contextualised in my first paragragh the people these thugs let down the most are the vast majority of people from same said community who get tarred with the same brush which in turn causes tensions and diivisions in society its a problem for all of us and is the repsonsiibilty of all of us as a society to sort out - but to address it it needs to be focused where the problem predominates - leaving it unaddressed causes people like SLR to put in their two-penneth when it probably isnt helpful.

The thrust of this thread seems to me to attempt to show the absurdity of SLR's speculation but I suspect that speculation was born out of anger and frustration that this problem is amongst us and the perpetrators (and victims) are too often predictable in their type (which is young male IC3s apparently) and that the problem doesnt seem to be getting any better. The likelyhood that SLR was probably right in his impulsive suggestion tells me his posting wasnt as absurd in its assumption as it should be and that this thread's premise of simply speculating about the ethnicity of violent crime is something people are bound to do until the situation and inbalance is addressed

I agree we should aspire to a feeling of one big community but to achieve that we need to iron out unnacceptable behaviour from some quarters - for me - there are no reasons or causes to be understood for someone going out armed with a knife and then using it to stab someone - only excuses

#29 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

Kent. Smiley

#30 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

Cheeky! Dartford is just out of the "you're alright" range... That's ok. We get to keep the Rolling Stones.
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Olympic 2012