• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 rubywoo

rubywoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

I thought I would just pop in and say hello as everyone I talk to recommends this forum highly, so here I am.

I have just opened the UKs first vintage inspired hair and beauty salon on Anerley Road. With an art deco inspired interior and a range of services from vintage hair and make-up styling, a full range of beauty and massage treatments together with natural, organic skincare.

There will also be a range of classes and workshops available covering topics such as vintage hair and make-up styling, how to make you own skincare and many more over the next 12 months.

We are also planning a summer launch of our Secret Garden where you will be able to come and relax in our jacuzzi or have afternoon tea with friends whilst being pampered by our experienced staff.

You are all most welcome to come in for a look around, tea and cake, to take a peek at my treasured collection of curiosities and beauty gems from the last 100 years or to generally let me talk your legs of in answer to any of your beauty questions.

Tel: 020 7018 1209

Mon-Tues: closed
Weds-Thurs: 11.00 - 21.00
Fri: 11.00 - 19.00
Sat-Sun: 10.00 - 18.00

35 Anerley Road
SE19 2AS

http://www.labellejolie.com

To see a pdf version of our brochure: http://www.labellejo...e_list_2012.pdf

You will also find some pictures of the salon in my profile pictures should you wish to take a peek first.

Hope to see you all soon,
Ruby

#2 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

It really looks wonderful! I had a peek through the window on Saturday but you were momentarily closed (probably a loo break!) so I couldn't come in and say hello. I'll definitely pop by again. Wishing you every success.

#3 rubywoo

rubywoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

I'm so sorry about that, I'm currently recruiting more staff so I don't have to keep disappearing, do pop by again and I shall put the kettle on!

#4 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

You're on! It's my birthday next week and I have a few days off, so I shall do just that!

#5 rubywoo

rubywoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

Well now you mention birthdays! if you'd like a complimentary mini manicure give me a call the day before to check availability and I shall book you in.

#6 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

Ah, thank you! What a kind offer. :)

#7 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

It sounds fabulous, shall definitely be popping in :)

#8 chrissyb

chrissyb

what shall we make today?

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

Amazing!! What a treat which is about one minute from my house!
It's my 40th in a few weeks - I've got the day off to go to tea at the Wolseley followed by a Noel Coward play. So very vintage - I'm going to party like it's 1929! Shame not open on the Tuesday (my big day) but I'll be there very soon as have spotted some treatments I'd love to try out.
And so much nicer in the piccies than the previous proprietors's layout (woodchip walls with strip lighting in the treatment room!) which was not good for a relaxing massage at all. But the pix here make this place look like a starlet's boudoir!! Can't wait!

#9 rubywoo

rubywoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

I can always be tempted to open on Tuesdays, for people with birthdays I have the will power of a child faced with chocolate. Call the salon on 020 7018 1209 if you would like to chat about an appointment.

#10 chrissyb

chrissyb

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

That sounds fantastic. I'll definetly pop in and say hello before the end of the week.

#11 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

Hi, Rubywoo. I've called by three times now but you've been busy doing a treatment, I think, as the door has been locked :( so I do hope you manage to recruit an assistant soon, as I'd love to come in and have a peek, not to mention avail myself of that mini manicure you so generously offered above! I left a voicemail last Friday and also messaged you through VN but imagine you must be rushed off your feet at present, which bodes well for a new business in a recession.It would be good to hear from you at some point... :)

#12 rubywoo

rubywoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Hi Gill, things are moving on at quite a pace and thankfully I now have two new receptionists, so things are running a little more smoothly. The website is now also live at http://www.labellejolie.com so everyone can take a peek at the treatments on offer. Also if you join the mailing list you can get entered for the monthly draw for free treatments.

I also wanted to say thank you for the lovely warm welcome I've had on here and to everyone who has dropped in, it's quite frightening opening a business in a recession but the lovely people of Crystal Palace have given me so much support, even just dropping in for a cup of tea and a chat, there's such a lovely community feel in the area. (I shall stop gushing now).

#13 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

Hi rubywoo,
Unfortuantely Gill won't be able to reply to your post seeing as she has been suspended.

Free the Anerly one.

#14 chrissyb

chrissyb

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hello just to say I had a fab 80 minute massage here today after deciding I needed to soothe my aching muscles after several bootcamps and a 9 mile run today.
I could barely walk to the salon but Rubywoo sorted it all out. Very reasonable prices too and 10% off if you subscribe to the mailing list/newsletter. It's well worth it!

#15 chrissyb

chrissyb

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

Oops not several bootcamps and a nine mile run in the same day of course! It has been a couple of weeks!