• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

I moved this thread to the forum help section as it didn't seem to be a news or local issue - more a forum one. Apologies to anyone who had a bit of difficulty finding it again.

Have un-pinned some of the pinned topics - we can always re-pin them if required. Have left the local councillors etc. one as requested, the library campaign as it is a hot topic, the travel problems one as it is helpful for people to find it quickly to warn others re commuting nightmares and the new openings/closings one as it is constantly added to as new things happen and it is good to have it in one, easily found place rather than lots of new threads.

Thanks SL - looks loads better. Personally, I'd like to unpin everything apart from the councillors one for the reasons I stated before. I'd concede over travel problems (v current given the snow) and poss library but I think new openings/closings could get unpinned. It's important but not more so than some of the other threads on here.

Re separating news and local news, I think there's a strong interest in this and that the mods should discuss further with Matt. In the meantime, I'd be interested to hear views on this proposal from a wider number of members.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#47 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

We don't have gardens round these here parts. I only have ovett close and Westow street as a barometer as it were

Posted Image

#48 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

#49 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

IMO this local site covering the SE1 is what a good local site should be. It has relevant news articles to the area and most of the local forum is primarily concerned with local issues, with different sub sections for other topics.

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/cat/1