• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Charles

Michael Charles

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

Give me some ideas of how I can not be bored please.
The editor function does not work in my account?

#2 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

Ah. . . is this a spin off from the 'bored' thread on STF?

Here's a few things I would rather be doing right now rather than being at work:

- in the Alma or the G&G getting tipsy
- in bed with a good book or my lovely partner
- in the Ritzy seeing a decent filum
- shopping!

#3 Michael Charles

Michael Charles

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

Ah. . . is this a spin off from the 'bored' thread on STF?

Nope

The bored thread on STF relates to the boring content from a specific poster and the slow content in general I would imagine.

#4 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yep, SL, supping an alcoholic beverage (preferably a good IPA) in a comfortable drinking establishment, reading a good book, getting wriggly with her indoors, sitting in the dark being entertained by flickering light or spending money I haven't got on stuff I don't need would all be preferable to being here pretending to work. I actually have a vast amount of work to do, but all motivation is gone, due to it being the longest afternoon of the week...

I'm also being distracted by a tune going around my head that I think I invented in a dream last night; I shall have to dig out Garageband tonight and see if I can't make something of it...
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#5 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

Well I think SL has given you some good options - get pissed, read a book, have sex, watch a film, go shopping. Hopefully one of those appeals :D.

Personally, I'll settle for an evening on the sofa with a few glasses of wine and some nosh. Not long to go now until end of work time.

Sorry for double post but as you mentioned the Alma, they have four ales on at the mo so that keep boredom at bay for a while.

You could always combine any or all of the above suggested activities for maximum excitement, having sex in a book shop might involve three of them for example ;).
Mel, Forum Moderator

#6 Michael Charles

Michael Charles

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

I managed to unbore myself by driving home from Southampton, I've just got home and I left work at 5:00PM and I negotiated the stricken Hammersmith flyover.