• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mcdenyer

mcdenyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

For those of you who've asked for gardener / landscaper recommendations, we've just used JMC Landscapes: www.jmclandscapes.com

Ask for John as he's the head designer and we were very impressed with his work. He re-designed and landscaped our garden but I think they also do smaller jobs if necessary.

M-C

#2 Neilyneil

Neilyneil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Hello

Having scoured this forum for recommendations, found many brilliant sounding leads and then found them all to be too busy to help me (the marketing power of VN?!) I thought I'd add one more to the mix.

I've just had some work done today by this guy: Krystian Dalek - 07501 791 609

In slightly less than a day Krystian plus one helper removed several mature trees and shrubs, built a kids' play area with railway sleepers and bark chips, and laid turf down in my back garden - all for just over £500. They worked extremely hard in heavy rain and did a great job. He also does driveways, patio and landscaping.

We highly recommend him and will be using him again for our front driveway. You can see his profile here: http://www.mybuilder...angardenservice

(And he has a great name!)

#3 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

And welcome to the forum Neilyneil!
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#4 FitzRoy

FitzRoy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

Agree its hard to get decent firms to fit busy schedules but struck lucky with this chap who was flexible with working hours !

Neil Graham 07989 986 635 - www.eclipsegardening.co.uk

#5 dickp

dickp

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

I've now received three quotes for a medium sized patio job I want doing - one for £1,800, one for £1,400 and one for £750. I guess that's the advantage of shopping around....

I had tried to get one from a company recommended on here (no names), but the sods didn't return my emails, and then didn't return my calls, after I left loads of messages. An interesting approach to winning new customers in the time of a recession....

#6 sarahdevi

sarahdevi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

I have just used Robert at www.capitaltrees.co.uk

He and his team have been great. They have cut down our sick and overgrown Ash tree and an unwanted fruit tree. They worked really hard and was quite amazing see them climb up the top of the tree almost effortlessly! They cleaned everything up and were very peasant. They also do gardening as well. Very reasonably priced!!!! 

Couldn't recommend them more!!!

#7 filmbuffy

filmbuffy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

just been looking at your recommendations on here. Please post more if you have them preferably with website details so i can see pictures of their work.

i have just tried to have a look re Krystian guy. and the website states that he has been permanently restricted... doesnt sound good-

http://www.mybuilder...angardenservice

looking for someone to flatten my raised victorian garden and create lawn space.

#8 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Try Paul Drake - he's just built my deck and also does lawns etc. Really good guy and a good price.

http://dl-gardens.com/index.html

His website I know is slightly dated but thats because he's always busy with jobs and never has time to update it.

For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#9 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

You might have a bit of a wait for Paul (unless it's a very small job) as he's likely to be busy until August.  We've booked him to landscape part of our rear garden including a new patio, decking and a couple of retaining walls and fencing.  He's also going to be laying a brand new block paving drive at the front of the house plus more landscaping and fencing.  He starts next month and expects it to take 6-8 weeks, weather-dependant.

It was following a recommendation from Twinkle that we decided to ask him for a quote.  Although the job's not yet started, so far we've been very happy with him and he's made a number of visits to see us to work out details.  I'll add an update once the whole job's complete.

Edited by JMH, 22 May 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#10 Cintra_Park

Cintra_Park

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

Anyone who needs a quick garden clean up or service I'd recommend Handy Eric the gardener on 07519 238 330.  I had 2 no shows so tried him in desperation.  He came out that day, gave a very reasonable quote and was back 2 days later to do the work.  Very good job, left the garden looking clean and tidy and better than it had done in the years I'd been living there (and attempting it myself).

#11 RASBASIL

RASBASIL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

Hi,

Have used Handy Eric as well - and tried few gardeners before. 

Eric's cheaper and did work very hard - with nice smile on face!

Recomended.

He put new fence for me in Crystal Palace.