• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

Being given a piece of chocolate by my great-grandmother in my parent's kitchen. She was wearing a black coat and a leopard skin pill box hat. She died when I was 2 years and 6 months old, and was bed ridden for the last 6 months of her life, so I was no older than 2 years old.
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#17 Redbunny23

Redbunny23

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

Running as fast as I could along a hall in Battersea towards some stacked orange chairs with the sole intention of getting to the top of them. I would have been about 12 months. I didn't make the top of the chairs - a grown up stopped me from climbing them. No sense of adventure these growp ups! Tsk!

Reading these, it seems probable that little bunny has probably already had her first memory. I hope it's a good one. It also bodes well for all the once in a lifetime things that are happening this summer which I wasn't sure she'd be able to remember - Olympic torch relay, Queen's jubilee, CP tower being lit up etc.

#18 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

My nephew, at age 10 or so, asked me "What age was I when, you know, I... I first knew what I was doing?" I asked him what the first thing he could remember was, and he said "Eating yoghurt in the high chair in the old house in Scotland". I told him that was when he was two or so, and it must have been when he first knew he was doing. He frowned, and said "No. That wouldn't have been it" I asked him why not, and he said "Because I knocked the bowl onto the floor and the dog licked it all up".
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.