Bikini SOS!

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

ha ha ha, and there was me talking about H&M...
http://www.buzzfeed....ted-by-street-a

#32 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

Brilliant! I did think I hadn't seen that shade of mahogany since the Hawaiian Tropic ads of the Seventies! :lol:

#33 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Ha ha that is out of this world and I mean out of this world. Is that Senor Buckethead's Tesco's finest Copper Mahogany tan?

#34 Senor Buckethead

Senor Buckethead

I'm a dedicated follower of passion

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

Ha ha that is out of this world and I mean out of this world. Is that Senor Buckethead's Tesco's finest Copper Mahogany tan?

Tesco's finest range? I'm not made of money! But I'm willing to apply the stuff to anyone who wants it (with me roller of course) and maybe fill paddling pools at the same time. :D
Tadpole - my favourite word

#35 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Why go to that expense? We've got half a tin of Cuprinol "Autumn Brown" garden woodstain left over from painting our summer house. I had a lovely tan after finishing the job, albeit a little patchy ... :lol: :lol:
aka Pie

#36 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

CitizenM, I get my bikinis online from Bravissimo or Figleaves - most high street stores don't have the top size I need! Added bonus is I get to try them on at home! The minus is the price of them - almost £30 for the top alone!

#37 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

You used to be able to pick up a bikini on the run from Accessorize at the airport. I think they are now part of the Monsoon group who have a swimwear range.

#38 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Ooh, the fashion-disaster possibilities of a bikini bought 'on the run' are infinite! Thank God the likes of Heat aren't interested in the likes of us! :lol:

#39 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

Ha ha ha :lol: those were the days when you didn't need to worry too much about the bikini top ;-)

Edited by charlie, 25 May 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#40 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

I wish more places on the high street did bra-size bikini tops!

#41 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Or Bridget Jones size bottoms :D

#42 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

Whilst we are on the subject of girly things (perhaps this could be retitled as 'Retail therapy for women...... and thinking about it trannies and cross dressers) :

1. Don't bother with that latest Boots skin sensation 'Nanoblur'that is being advertised left, right and centre. A colleague bought a tube - at great expense - and I begged a blob. It left my face looking dry and slightly greenish!

2. Why oh why oh why do M&S stock hundreds of bras in B/C cups and virtually NONE in larger cup sizes. Don't they ever flipping wonder why the very few larger size cups they stock fly off the shelves immediately and flipping learn from this?! Sheesh!

#43 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

2. Why oh why oh why do M&S stock hundreds of bras in B/C cups and virtually NONE in larger cup sizes. Don't they ever flipping wonder why the very few larger size cups they stock fly off the shelves immediately and flipping learn from this?! Sheesh!

Seconded! M&S NEVER have my size. They seem to think small back + large cup size doesn't exist!

#44 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

Best topic on this forum for years !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#45 Senor Buckethead

Senor Buckethead

I'm a dedicated follower of passion

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

Best topic on this forum for years !

Dazza

Have to agree Dazza.

All these cup sizes - thought this was turning in to some kind of American recipe thread
Tadpole - my favourite word