Photo

'Twenty Five' bar and restaurant

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: 'Twenty Five' bar and restaurant (3 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate Twenty Five?

1. Excellent (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Good (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Average (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Poor (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Andy

Andy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

I saw somewhere that the manageress (am I still allowed to use that word) is the red haired Czech woman normally behind the bar. She was definitely in there a few Fridays ago when I popped in there to see what it was all about. She certainly seemed friendly and was very busy buzzing around all over the place.

The bar itself and the area behind it is very well done out, very opulent with the finishes and layout. To me it is the sort of place where you would go on a date or to impress a client etc. Price wise it is more then I would like to pay, but at least you can see what you are paying for, the by way it is presented and finished to a high standard. Hope it does well, they have obviously spent a fair bit of cash on it.

#2 JMS

JMS

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

Went in last night for a drink with my better half - they had an offer of a jug of Pimms fo £9.95 all night. Duly ordered a jug and settled down in the outside garden - ordered some snack s as well which were nice - overall not bad at all. Not hugely busy but it is a big space both inside and outside. Would defintely go back - on a warm summers evening the outside space is very nice - lots of tables and subtly lit.

#3 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

I popped in here last Wednesday.
First impressions - love the decor! Quite trendy yet (crucially) very comfortable. Actually sat outside in the "Secret Garden!" and had a nice evening.
The manageress was really lovely - I had opted for the Kozel which met with her approval!

Can this thread be renamed, like the bar was?

Edited by Billy S, 04 June 2012 - 09:42 AM.

Love The Triangle...

#4 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Bar/Restaurant

Twenty Five
25-27 Westow Hill,
Crystal Palace,
London,
SE19 1TQ

Tel: (020) 8761 0330

Opening Times:
Mon-Thu 12:00-00:00
Fri-Sat 12:00-01:00
Sun 12:00-22:30

Twitter @TwentyFiveCP

#5 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

Popped in here for a quick pint whilst waiting for my cuzza on sturday 2 pints( lager) 8.40 ! Nice garden area though !

Dazza

Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#6 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

Popped in here for a quick pint whilst waiting for my cuzza on sturday 2 pints( lager) 8.40 ! Nice garden area though !

Dazza

Yeah, there was that! :wacko:
Love The Triangle...

#7 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

supply and demand - if they reckon people will be willing to go there and pay that - then thats they perogative I guess - Ive been in there once - and was surprised how littke change out of a Tenner I got for 2 drinks in what was ostensibly an empty pub - gardens good in the sun amongst other people - cow hide chic interior is better than before IMHO - not entirely my bag but hope they do enough business to stay open

#8 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

First visit - and not particularly impressed overall.

Nice and airy space overall, though a bit flashy for my taste - fairly interesting menu. Bottle of Pinot Grigio was a tad on the pricey side and unfortunately luke warm - guys, a plastic wine chiller only KEEPs things chilled, it doesn't make them chilled. Barmaid on arrival friendly and efficient although struggling a bit on her own.
We sat in the upper garden area as several screens (including one massive one) were showing the News and the volume was a bit loud, even though nobody was in the bar area at the time.

After half an hour or so the volume was ramped up inside overly loud- even though hardly anyone was in the bar - making it difficult to hear each other speak in the garden area. I went inside to ask the newly arrived barmaid to turn the sound down a bit - she was pretty dismissive of my request but reluctantly agreed. The sound was not subsequently reduced and eventually I had to shut the door to the garden area in order to hear my companion.

I, for one, won't hurry back.

#9 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

It seems that place is jinxed - lovely location, great potential space and yet since about 2002 (when it was the Puzzle) before that went downhill, nothing has really worked.

Love the avatar, SL... that photo must have been taken on your recent visit to Dorset?
opposed to taking terrapins.

#10 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

Love the avatar, SL... that photo must have been taken on your recent visit to Dorset?

Why thank you :) Can't claim ownership of the seagull video clip though - although there is an over abundance of gulls in Bridport (many of then screaming through the night above my garret!).