Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

Posted ImageHere's my new crib in Bucks if we're all sharing new houses

#47 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

Posted ImageHere's my new crib in Bucks if we're all sharing new houses

VERY nice too SLR, although I shall relish calling you a country bumpkin henceforth! :D

#48 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

Wow! Looks fab :-)

#49 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

VERY nice too SLR, although I shall relish calling you a country bumpkin henceforth! :D

I'll be getting all my tips from you. Moy luvverrr!

#50 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'll be getting all my tips from you. Moy luvverrr!

Ha! Or should that be Harr Harr!
Posted Image

#51 lucysmith

lucysmith

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 810 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hi all -Penge update! Penge is officially Pengetastic. Loving it!!! (after two weeks). The cottages are soooo friendly. Already got a part in the panto and neighbours have been awesomely welcoming. Totally overlooked and under-rated. Get in!

So far my exploring has led me to the amazing Penge Cafe which does the best friendliest and cheapest caff grub. The High St is v v v v useful with a Peacocks, Wilcos and loads of other cheap n cheerful shops for your bits n bobs. Short drive to the best tip to get rid of stuff. Pubs a bit rough but going to go in for a pint for a laff. Anyone want to come down my local ('The Alexandra') with me?? 10 mins to Brixton then a bus to Waterloo. Such a chilled out commute. Will post more when I have it.

#52 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hi all -Penge update! Penge is officially Pengetastic. Loving it!!! (after two weeks). The cottages are soooo friendly. Already got a part in the panto and neighbours have been awesomely welcoming. Totally overlooked and under-rated. Get in!

So far my exploring has led me to the amazing Penge Cafe which does the best friendliest and cheapest caff grub. The High St is v v v v useful with a Peacocks, Wilcos and loads of other cheap n cheerful shops for your bits n bobs. Short drive to the best tip to get rid of stuff. Pubs a bit rough but going to go in for a pint for a laff. Anyone want to come down my local ('The Alexandra') with me?? 10 mins to Brixton then a bus to Waterloo. Such a chilled out commute. Will post more when I have it.

Lucy
If you work round Waterloo you might be better off getting a train from New Beckenham to Waterloo East. NB is about 12-13 mins walk from where you are.
The best pub in Penge is the Wetherspoons. It's so big you can hide in a booth and not worry about the rest if you want. Not been in the Aexandra for about 15 years even though it's less than 5 mins from me. Any good?
BJ

#53 lucysmith

lucysmith

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 810 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Cheers for the commuter advice. A neighbour also said that to me. Good to have options. Am just too spoilt by the fact that Penge East is about four mins away and then I can get bus from Brixton so no tube. Will check out that way though. Will check out the Wetherspoons - is it the Moon n Stars? At least it must be cheap grub and ale right? Well, loving it all now. Am going down the Penge Forum next week and bumped into a neighbour in Sainsburys and was able to give her a lift home. Feeling part of the community already and only been here a month on Sat! No regrets whatsoever so far!

#54 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

Will check out the Wetherspoons - is it the Moon n Stars? At least it must be cheap grub and ale right?

Yep, the Moon & Stars. You can also walk to the Dolphin in Sydenham from where you live - about 15 mins, tops.

#55 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

Great to hear you're so happy there lucysmith! I recently drove round some of the streets with their pretty cottages at the back of the Almshouses and was pleasantly surprised. Tricky to park though ...
Keep thinking I must try the WI after your recommendation.
aka Pie

#56 colincollings

colincollings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

Posted Image

The Collings abode.

#57 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

CollinCollings - where have you BEEN!?

#58 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

Conducting in-depth reviews of pubs, I shouldn't wonder, eh, Collin?!

#59 lucysmith

lucysmith

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 810 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

Keep thinking I must try the WI after your recommendation.

Some houses have offstreet parking. I am one of the lucky ones :))
DO come to the P &P WI. We are meeting on Tues night at 7.30pm at Anerley Town Hall. Bring a fave cake/bake recipe and we are planning for the year ahead and getting ideas on what people would like to do.