#16 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

OCD racks?

Yep, that's what my wife calls them!
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#17 Borgus

Borgus

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Posted Image
"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph

#18 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

I have a few bedroom OCDs too; my alarm clock always has to be 10 minutes fast, there need to be Indian basil essential oil, ear plugs and Wayne Rooney style nasal strips within reach, my Big Lebowski teeshirt must be under my pillow, even during the summer when I don't wear it, and the bedroom door must be wide open.

Do you tell the alarm clock to "Shut the f*** up, Donny" when it goes off?

#19 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:19 AM

Hahahahaha! I shall remember that on Monday morning!

#20 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

I keep a diary but would never dream of writing it before the next day... Likewise with turning over a calendar page for a new month. But maybe not tempting fate is normal, rather than not normal...
opposed to taking terrapins.

#21 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

Crisp sandwiches?
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#22 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:49 AM

crisp andwiches? thats normal - soggy vs crunchy -thats how I select my pants out of the drawer!

#23 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

Crisp sandwiches?

Normal!

crisp andwiches? thats normal - soggy vs crunchy -thats how I select my pants out of the drawer!

CO - you are.......... delightfully weird ;)

#24 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

Pants and T-shirts MUST be folded in thirds. That's the law. Then again in thirds or halves, depending on drawer dimensions. That's where there can be interpretation of the law.

#25 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

Another of my slightly odd routines is that I visit my local costcutter three times a day. I go in at 6pm to buy a bar of chocolate to have with my afterwork coffee, then back in at 8pm for my cans of beer and back at 11pm to buy my crisps to go with my pack lunch for work the following day.
I have been asked by the staff why I don't buy all three things at 6pm when I first go in the shop but I clam up and can't answer.
Starting to think it's a bit not normal now..........

#26 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

As long as I could think I was really scarred under the shower, even as a kid, so long before watching Psycho or anything like that. I could barely close my eyes under the running water and was so terrified I would constantly check, and pull away the curtain to see if a murderer had entered the bathroom, ready to slaughter me. When I was in my late twenties, for fun, I went to see a pre-natal astrologist, basically somebody who looks at your mums situation during pregnancy and how her fears, feelings moods etc might have influenced you as a person. She mentioned the shower thing straight away - which was odd to me as I thought until that day that being terrified under the shower was PERFECTLY normal - and she said, your mum looks a lot like Sharon Tate (which is true, but of course the astrologist had never seen my mum), and your mum was pregnant with you when Sharon Tate was murdered, pregnant, under the shower. Your mum identified with the other pregnant woman who was killed and was thereby terrified under the shower during her entire pregnancy.
I was completely stunned and the same day asked my mother about it. She was even more stunned as she had completely forgotten about it and had been shower-fear free from the day I was born. She also didn't know of my own shower-issue as I never told anyone, thinking EVERYBODY felt like that... Funnily enough since that day my fear has completely vanished.

Except that I think Nikdevlin and me are a match made in heaven! Half of your OCDs I share and the other would drive me insane! :D :D :D

#27 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Jayzuz, that's weird! Mind you, I hate showering, but just because I hate the feel of water pouring onto my skin. Give me a bath any day; not exactly sustainable though...