• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

I've had an English fizz (can't remember what it was, but it was from somewhere near Cambridge), but it was way too dry for me, and I ended up with a terrible hangover.
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#32 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

Doing the olympics immediately afterwards, if Wiggo not injured a London gold is guaranteed in the road race event which he blew the field away yesterday in the same road trial test which is exactly the same distance as the olympic course !

Go wiggo !

Dazza

Cadel Evans is a dignified holder of last years yellow but Bradley is potentially carving out a place for himself in british sport history - if he can hold it together over the alps and pyrenees - and thats a big if - (and he plyed his trade as a youngster at Herne Hill Velodrome) - then he shoud be up there with the greats - and he's a mod too! pseudo Weller - even got a bullseye on his logo! - go the Brad - el mutton chops!

#33 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Beat Surrender ! Yep he now has a bullseye on his back now for the other riders to aim at !

Go Wiggo

Dazza

PS Would just love to see him finish down the champs alysees whith a bike full of wing mirrors !
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#34 Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Mustn't upset the almighty.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

Golf. No reasons needed.
Never eat a piece of cheese bigger than your head.

#35 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

Upper Norwood Library and Palace Spice, both hugely overated.............

#36 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Palace Spice, yes. The library? Not at all, it has a great SF section. And it does good cookbooks. And graphic novels. And WW2 history. And WW1 history. And biographies. And crime fiction. And crime fact. And audiobooks. And world cinema DVDs. And travel guides. And music (lots of Best ofs). And engineering reference books, and indeed architecture too. And that's just me, that's just some of the stuff I've had from it over the years. I'm sure other folks can think of other reasons to rate it.

Mind you, I think Croydon council think it's very overrated indeed, the gits.

Edited by nikdevlin, 11 July 2012 - 12:58 PM.

#37 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

....Palace Spice...........

Holy Moly Hermit - you'll be skinned alive by a member or two for saying that! :o

#38 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

Hermit I refer to the most recent thread you started mate normal or not normal !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#39 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hermit I refer to the most recent thread you started mate normal or not normal !

Dazza

Touché!

#40 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Expensive face creams and serums - what a load of bull. I always remember a consultant dermatologist (back in my NHS days) telling us that the only things that will help delay your skin 'ageing' are sun screens and a little bit of vaseline or cold cream and not smoking. Saved myself a fortune over the years.

#41 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Agree completely, SL.
Read a great book when I was about 20 called 'Sex Tips for Girls' which is a hilarious book not so much about sex (a little, but not only) but how to survive as a gal without getting pulled into the undertow of the 'profit motive'-driven world of marketing to women's insecurities. Don't fall for all that nonsense, everyone! There are no magic creams or potions. There's only basic good sense and good care.

On skincare - if you batter your skin from the outside with UV (sunburn, etc.), or from the inside by constricting capillaries (smoking, etc.), it shrivels up. Simples. On some people that makes them look old, on others - distinguished. Luck of the draw on that one. And also luckily, it changes over time, as most people age in uneven ways.

#42 Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Mustn't upset the almighty.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

Expensive face creams and serums - what a load of bull.

But these serums contain pentapeptides, hyaluronic acid, lipopeptides and omega 3 to refuel surface skin cells so they MUST work!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQeWo_QWphE
Never eat a piece of cheese bigger than your head.

#43 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

That's superb Sid! *reposts everywhere*

#44 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

Oh so true...

#45 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

I am lucky to have greasy skin then! Built in wrinkle defense.... so far.
Rachel
My link