I love machines.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

I have a really good kitchen setup, sink, work tops, fridge, hobs, next to double french doors that open up onto a balcony with a BBQ right on it. I cook on it weekly and even BBQ'd fish when we had snow just for the sake of it. :)

I am currently working on a similar unit :) . I plan to transform the coal bunker on my patio into an outdoor kitchen kinda thing. With a real bbq and and electric one. A little elctric plancha might also be in the planning. We used to have a fridge in the garden, but that has now gravitated into the utility room, but maybe I'll get one of those tiny ones again... One can NEVER have enough fridges! Few things are sexier than a well stocked booze fridge! :P

#32 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

Few things are sexier than a well stocked booze fridge! :P

Oh yes..... with plenty of Prosecco and a freezer packed with vodka. Hic.

#33 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

One can NEVER have enough fridges! Few things are sexier than a well stocked booze fridge! :P

I've got a large fridge in our kitchen, but also have another in my shed - not plugged in. Should I get it sorted for the spring so I can have a lovely beer/wine fridge??

As for machines, I love my Onkyo tx-nr609 networked surround sound amp. I can control it, and therefore music around the house, with an app on my mobile. Impresses the visitors!
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#34 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

I've got a large fridge in our kitchen, but also have another in my shed - not plugged in. Should I get it sorted for the spring so I can have a lovely beer/wine fridge??

Oh YES! As I said, one can never have enough fridges!
Not the greenest comment I've ever posted I s'pose... :blink:
I use my second fridge mainly for drinks (not only alcoholic one, also soda, Coca Cola, Tonic or what ever else the cocktail mixer requires...), but in the summer it's also very handy for salad and veggies etc.

#35 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

I adjusted the legs on my fridge so it slopes down so that when I take a beer from the shelf the next one rolls forward into position.

#36 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

I adjusted the legs on my fridge so it slopes down so that when I take a beer from the shelf the next one rolls forward into position.

Points awarded for that.
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#37 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Points awarded for that.

Bravo indeed!

#38 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

I love my Apple MacBook. It's five years old, runs OS X 10.6.8, has never gone wrong, and is faster, smoother and better behaved than my big, brand new, Dell PC at work. If I'm running a 3d render of a CAD model on my work machine, I have to turn off my email first. Despite it running Windows 7, as soon as Outlook Express tries an auto-pickup, the machine gives a little sigh and falls over. The same happens if I fire up iTunes. I'm typing this on my home Mac, at the same time as converting some AVIs to MP4s for the iPhone, downloading a TV series, rendering a 3d CAD model and playing - and ripping - the new Pet Shop Boys CD with iTunes. Yep, it cost a tad more than a similar sized PC laptop, but it's light years better than any non-Apple machine.

Edited by nikdevlin, 18 September 2012 - 06:13 PM.

I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#39 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

I love my Apple MacBook. It's five years old, runs OS X 10.6.8, has never gone wrong, and is faster, smoother and better behaved than my big, brand new, Dell PC at work. If I'm running a 3d render of a CAD model on my work machine, I have to turn off my email first. Despite it running Windows 7, as soon as Outlook Express tries an auto-pickup, the machine gives a little sigh and falls over. The same happens if I fire up iTunes. I'm typing this on my home Mac, at the same time as converting some AVIs to MP4s for the iPhone, downloading a TV series, rendering a 3d CAD model and playing - and ripping - the new Pet Shop Boys CD with iTunes. Yep, it cost a tad more than a similar sized PC laptop, but it's light years better than any non-Apple machine.

Preferring an Apple to a PC has nothing to do with a machine-obsession, it's just called common sense. :P :P :P

The Hermy fridg I must say is pretty cool though... I might nick that ;) . If I put one on the coal bunker the incline is already a perfect 20 degrees or so. What do you reckon Hermy is the ideal incline for the cans to gently roll forward without falling on your feet?...

#40 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

*dons black polo and high fives the Apple-ist*
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#41 Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Mustn't upset the almighty.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Posted Image
Never eat a piece of cheese bigger than your head.

#42 Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Mustn't upset the almighty.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Apple maps :D... quality!
http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-19659736

Edited by Sidney Ruff-Diamond, 20 September 2012 - 05:34 PM.

Never eat a piece of cheese bigger than your head.

#43 Senor Buckethead

Senor Buckethead

I'm a dedicated follower of passion

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

Sent from my i-phone 6.8.5:

Tadpole - my favourite word

#44 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

I want one of those bumper-stickers!

#45 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

Greengrocer Harry Enfield and customer Ronnie Corbett discuss modern technology, from the BlackBerry to Apple. Makes me weep with laughter no matter how many times I watch it!