Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#152 FitzRoy

FitzRoy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

SRD ! :D need to sort this on t-shirts in time for G & G beer festival.

Attached File  394255_4038556716759_157285485_n.jpg   34.01K   5 downloads

#153 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

SPLENDID!
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#154 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

It's permitted development rights misspoddy which means you don;t need to apply for planning permission.

The whole relaxation of planning laws started with the Coalition Government's National Planning Policy Framework. This recent relaxation is worrying and completely the wrong approach in my view, although I would say from experience Local Authorities have been looking at the affordability aspect of delivering affodable/social housing via S106 agreements for a few years now when approving residential housing schemes - financial appraisal method. The latest proposal looks to be tied into other initiatives to bring forward affordable homes.

I found David Cameron's comments unbelievable "The Government wants to get planners off people's backs" !!!!- what sort of message does this send out. We have a planning system which is meant to protect us and to bring forward sustainable development - planners work extremely hard.

The best thing the government could have done is to get rid of 20% VAT if they really want to stimulate the economy! Eric Pickles comments were absurd too.

Rant over.

Even though I don't understand half of this all, it sure smelled fishy to me...
But what does "permitted development rights" mean? Does it mean if I decide to have a 3meter extension to the back of my house I don't need to ask anybody or what?

#155 Canon

Canon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

KICC WIN APPEAL AGAINST ENFORCEMENT NOTICE – BUT THERE’S A ‘CATCH 22′

http://newsfromcryst...res-a-catch-22/

#156 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

A two-and-a-half-thousand-word article about whether posters were moved or not? I'm sure there's more to it but I gave up pretty quickly I'm afraid.

I'm always impressed with the vast amount of work that goes into these lengthy reports - and I don't just mean News from Crystal Palace - but I do sometimes wonder what they mean to Joe/Joanne Public. And whether they may be counter-productive in putting people off from joining in with public life / community engagement.

#157 kibitzer

kibitzer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

I think I have to agree with Nanazola on this one - I started reading the report then gave up.

#158 Canon

Canon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Was hoping someone would read the whole thing and just reply with bullet points.

#159 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

KICC WIN APPEAL AGAINST ENFORCEMENT NOTICE – BUT THERE’S A ‘CATCH 22′
http://newsfromcryst...res-a-catch-22/

Canon - if you read it could you give us a bit more of of an overview?

#160 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hmm so KICC chucked £Ms of charitable funds into the building even after it knew the venue could not be used for religious events. More to add to me CC letter of complaint!

Anyhow I've found a church for them with loads of parking and D1 usage in Croydon - it's up for auction on Tuesday:

Church Premises and Land at 50-58 Haling Road, South Croydon, Surrey CR2 6HS
Rarely available an appealing valuable purpose built air conditioned detached church building with seating for approximately 700 and parking for about 120 cars, on a convenient well located secluded site of approximately 0.97 acres with development/change of use potential – Vacant
Tenure
Freehold – Vacant.
• Croydon, located about 10 miles south of London, is the largest office and retail centre in the South-East of England outside Central London supporting a population in excess of 360,000
• Haling Road runs between Brighton Road (A235) and Selsdon Road (B275) forming part of a popular and convenient mainly residential area
• Local shopping amenities are close by whilst the centre of Croydon is easily accessible
• Good nearby road communications along the A23 provides links to the M25, M23 and into Central London
• Train Station - South Croydon
• Croydon Tramlink - Lloyd Park
Posted Image

#161 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Was hoping someone would read the whole thing and just reply with bullet points.

Jeez Louise - you people have got no staying power! To give credit where it's due, Jerry Green's report actually made a complicated hearing quite easy to follow if you stuck with it.

In short, the issue was over whether the poster holders were there originally/had ever had planning consent/ if not, had been there continuously for 10 years therefore had gained 'deemed consent'/had been moved by KICC/had always been illuminated. It was concluded that the holders had been there from 1983 (photo evidence proved) but had been moved 25cm vertically, though this did not have a material effect on the cluttered urban street scene/they did not impede the conservation area. Nonetheless, though the poster holders could stay (although could not be illuminated), a separate application needed to be made to display adverts in them - hence Jerry's reference to the Catch 22 KICC is now in.

Edited by GillW, 19 October 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#162 Canon

Canon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

Cheers GillW

#163 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Further to reports that KICC had installed new upgraded sound proofed fire doors to the rear of the building - probably as a result of the Bickerdike Allen noise consultants assessment at the last unlawful event, it seems KICC, or a related organisation, is holding an event this evening - taking place now apparently.

http://eveningforone...ite.com/?rank=1

I have taken a screen shot of the event advert which will be forwarded to Bromley council.

Edited by charlie, 17 November 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#164 Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Mustn't upset the almighty.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

'An evening of worship'? Sounds a bit churchy to me. A tad illegal?
Never eat a piece of cheese bigger than your head.

#165 Fang

Fang

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Any one living near 25 CR. Hear anything?

"This is what we find, this is what we find, the hope that springs eternal, springs right up your behind."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cinema, picture palace campaign, 25 church road, cinema for crystal palace