• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ozzie

Ozzie

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

Can anyone recommend a good local mortgage advisor?

#2 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

If for your own property & you are employed do it yourself use money supermarket/ thisis money websites to search for best deal.

If you are self employed or need one for a business them an advisor would be a good idea.

How about fat pav of England dressing room fame i still see him around the Palace from time to time !
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#3 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

We used Graham Sampson - http://www.sampson-mortgages.co.uk/ who was recommended by a friend of ours. He will visit you at home or at work, whatever is convenient for you.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#4 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

I have an absolute stunner of a mortgage advisor! We were a bit of a desperate case (first time buyers, NOT loaded, recession etc) and she still managed to get us a brilliant deal with the Nationwide. A plus is that she is also a super lovely lady. Couldn't recommend her more highly: diane@dianehughesfinancialservices.co.uk

#5 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

If for your own property & you are employed do it yourself use money supermarket/ thisis money websites to search for best deal.

I may be wrong, but if you apply on your own and get refused a mortgage it shows up on some kind of credit rating thing as a refused loan, but if you go through a mortgage advisor it dosen't show up. Certainly used to be the case, may have changed since the big shake up of lending, though.

#6 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

hermit - any credit search done on your name would come up any way (rejected or not) - some banks/brokers might advise you prior to submitting anything if you are close to fial or might fail according to their terms

you can check equifax and/or experian websites for your own files

depends on complexity of the mortgage/deal and self/employed .... the more vanilla is the mortgage (i.e. residential/no BTL, good deposit and Loan to value etc etc) and the safer the borrower (i.e. employed with track record no CCJ no huge outstanding debt apart mortgage etc etc) then those sites would be a safe first step but try to speak to the bank before asking them to get on with the creidt checks.

brokers are useful as they will pave the way for you and be able to provide a first opinion on affordability etc etc but bear in mind that most do not have a full spectrum of banks in their portfolio so their options might be limited. You can ask them
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!