5 replies to this topic

#1 marianne

marianne

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hi all,
I'd be really grateful if someone would give me their local knowledge of Anerley. I gather it's not as nice as Palace /Norwood but is the negative press exaggerated? I'm flat hunting and a flat has come up on Anerley Rd (opposite Betts Park end). Is it rough? And are people winding me up about rat runs??!!
Thank you!

#2 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

I live between Anerley and Penge. It's a little down at heel, I must admit, but, as you'll see if you search for the keyword '£25,000' on here, we are applying to the council for regeneration grants for both the top and bottom ends of Anerley Road! There's an excellent GP surgery, the Park Practice, at your end, but I don't tend to need to shop there, CP and Penge offering what I need. What do you mean by rat runs?

#3 marianne

marianne

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

Thanks GillW. It was an old post somewhere about there being sewer problems and rodents...

#4 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Rat runs are normally side roads that people use to avoid traffic on the main roads.

#5 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:37 AM

Anerley is fine - some lovely houses and great transport links, plus you would be close to the park and wouldn't have to walk up a steep hill from the station on the way home! Very short hop from Crystal Palace too.

#6 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

Yes, Anerley's on the way up... every time I go along Anerley Road I notice it gradually looking less scruffy. And a good bus service up the hill to the Triangle.
opposed to taking terrapins.