Email problems hotmail.co.uk accounts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

I don't know if its just my account (that I presume has been hacked) but I thought I would ask here if anyone else has experienced problems accessing their hotmail.co.uk accounts this week?
Even when trying to change my password its telling me this is not possible at this time!!!!
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#2 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

I have a .com account and it was hacked recently. Despite following all the sensible security measures, I now get lots of spam and am planning to close it. Two of my friends have reported problems with their Hotmail accounts of late - mail not delivered etc. Not sure which type they have.

#3 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

I have a .co.uk account which was hacked last year. However it seems to be ok now and working fine this morning

#4 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

I've just tried access my .com hotmail account and am not able to access it. All that happens is that the sign in screen reappears with blank fields. It was fine yesterday.

Never had this happen before. Does anyone know what I need to do to regain access (if it's been hacked)?

#5 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

I don't use Hotmail myself but the service status page indicates that it's currently down:

https://status.live.com/detail/hotmail
Mel, Forum Moderator

#6 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

MIne sems to be okay, for what it's worth...
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#7 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

Mine too, today...

#8 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Mine's back up again. I guess Hotmail is just being a bit flaky at the moment... :unsure:

#9 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

I had a hotmail account untill a couple of years ago and had to close it because it was sending out automated spam. The frightening thing is that even though the account didn't exist anymore the spamming continued. I've swapped over to gmail which is a much better operator and haven't had any problems with hacking or spamming.