Photo

Local Estate/Management Agents - Any Recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Yep, SA screwed up our deposit stuff too, not once, but twice. The first time they gave the deposit back to the tenants the day they moved out, leaving our property looking like a bomb had hit it. The second time, when they realised they'd undercharged us by £100 for their 'services', they took it out of the new tenants' deposit, then when we complained, transferred the remainder of the deposit back to our account. We dispensed with their services there and then, and made an official complaint to their head office, naming names. Since then, one of the CP crew (I won't name him, but his initials are the same as mine) has rung me several times asking if we can do business; I told him politely that we didn't want to use them again the first couple of times, but the last time I had to tell him to F off. Another, the one who lost us that deposit through his stupidity and incompetence, while doing a meet and greet outside the station, recently waved hello cheerily to me as I walked past, and was very surprised when I told him where to go in a similarly foul-mouthed manner.
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#17 Palace_denizen1

Palace_denizen1

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

I would avoid Abode. Had a couple of bad experiences with them. Terrible at managing lettings.Terrible!

i wholeheartedly agree with that one. I could tell you some scary stories, but would rather keep the stories as a ransome and negotiating bargaining chip.
keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer.

#18 Biped

Biped

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

The best ones are usually the local ones. Conrad Fox I found very helpful.

We recently bought through Conrad Fox, and they were excellent and really went the extra mile. I'd strongly recommend them as an agent.

#19 thekraken

thekraken

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

I would recommend Conrad Fox too! Have rented through them previously and have had friends rent through them too! Speak to Maria in Lettings.

#20 Caradeuc

Caradeuc

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

I would recommend Conrad Fox too! Have rented through them previously and have had friends rent through them too! Speak to Maria in Lettings.

Maria is brilliant. Very friendly and helpful. She went out of her way to help us when we had problems with another agency. You could never imagine Streets Ahead's lettings team doing that.