• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kas

Kas

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

I know there are quite a few freelancers on this forum, and, if I remember well, some of you used to get together and exchange tips or just meet up for a coffee once or twice a month? Is this still happening? I have recently finished my maternity leave and need to start networking properly....Also it would be nice to meet other locals who share the joys and trials of freelancing! :) Thanks, Karine

#2 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

You could try the Crystal Palace Jelly co-working group. It's very well established now... All details here:
http://crystalpalace....wordpress.com/
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#3 Kas

Kas

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Thanks Elmo, I will have a look!

#4 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Hi Kas,

There was also this group http://www.virtualno...055#entry128055 but there doesn't seem to have been any activity since July. You might want to contact Nanazola or dickp direct to see if they still meet up.

SL

#5 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Hi Kas, you and SL are both correct, there is a freelancers' group, and we've been pretty quiet recently. We are still in existence, but with a lot of members getting jobs or doing other things we meet up less frequently than before. But if you're around this Friday (19th Oct), it'd be a good excuse for a meet-up. We usually meet at 4 or 4.30pm in Domali or another CP cafe.

We're not really a networking group - we prefer the term notworking ha ha - though we do talk about work and clients and accountants and stuff like that.

Anyway it'd be great to meet you, and it's about time we had another get-together, so let us know via these pages if you're up for it! Any other notworkers, old or new, also welcome of course.

#6 Kas

Kas

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

Thanks Summit Lover, and Nanazola, I will contact you directly regarding your next meeting.

#7 dickp

dickp

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

Heh - as Nanazola says, we don't really have "meetings". We have coffee and cake. And sometimes beer.

After a month in town, I'm now back, and raring for another catch-up.

So, Friday afternoon it is, NZ (and Kas!)?

I've also going to our first freelancers' gathering in Sydenham this coming Wednesday. I'm such a work-avoiding tart.

#8 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

What's this dickp, a rival freelancer's group? Dust down your hi-tops, I feel a dance-off coming on...

See you Friday - and let's take this conversation to our usual thread, 'Lunch/ coffee group for freelancers working from home': http://www.virtualno...990#entry128055

Edited by Nanazola, 16 October 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#9 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

Kas, if you're interested, we're meeting at 4.30 today at the Alma - see the thread in my previous post.