• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 FitzRoy

FitzRoy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

Today i was asked by a family friend to describe the White Hart pub in relation to the AM job . Having read the job description i would say the positive spin is overdone somewhat but you may differ ....

"The White Hart pub is the hub of the community in the Crystal Palace Triangle ! It is famous for its friendly welcome and amazing atmosphere . The food has the whole town talking and the service is the best around . The bar has the best range of ales / lagers in Crystal Palace . It is a proper local and it is getting better all the time "

Salary £1900-2100

Honestly i think it has improved recently and i wish them all the best but i do take issue with the above statement - as im sure Rick , Boydy , Justin , Les and a few other landlords might as well !

So now i turn it over to Dazza , SRD , Summit Lover , Chewie et al for your comments .

#2 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

Roger mellie the man on the telly would have a suitable response I am sure !

Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#3 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Well yes.... they've over egged the pudding somewhat, but I guess that's often par for the course in adverts and on CV's from eager applicants.

I hope they get someone good into the position. We used to visit there a lot but have tailed off in recent years mainly due to the competition, uncomfortable seating (important as you get older and achier!), patchy service and sometimes overly loud electronic music. I remember when a manager called Simon ran a tight ship there, and we were frequent visitors as a consequence.

Anyway, it is still a very popular pub - going by the numbers who still frequent it - and I hope they find someone suitable for the position.

#4 thekraken

thekraken

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Friendly welcome? You are having a laugh!

#5 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

I'm afraid the salary as stated is unlikely to attract anyone halfway decent :-(
aka Pie

#6 ajames

ajames

• Sponsors
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

There's a manager?

#7 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

I'm afraid the salary as stated is unlikely to attract anyone halfway decent :-(

Ha! Very true.

That description is a bit of a nonsense isn't it? I know job ads generally talk up a company but 'the food has the whole town talking' - purrrlease :wacko:. Maybe it's improved recently but I stopped going because it was impossible to get served due to crowding at the bar and the staff overlooking you. As for the best range of ales, I think Rick at the G&G might have something to say about that. I mean, that's just a lie really. Another reason I stopped going to the WH was that most of the ales were usually off. Finally, why then say that the pub is getting better all the time? If your food is the talk of the town, your service the best in the area, you have the best range of ales/lagers and your atmosphere is amazing - how could you get any better??

I'd love to see the White Hart get back to its former glory, but have some bloody respect for the effort all your neighbours have put in whilst you allowed yourselves to rest on your laurels. :jedi:
Mel, Forum Moderator

#8 FitzRoy

FitzRoy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Just for clarity salary is £19000 - 21000 .( My bad eyesight , small keyboard)

gekko - totally agree , nice pint of Purity at the G & G for me !

#9 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Hmmm now I like a 19-22k job as bar manager in the White Hart but I I like a 19-22k job as bar manager across the road at Casa Cuba................But which is better........Theres only one way to find out..........................

http://www.totaljobs...uba_job54682145

There's obviously some typos on the WH application so I have thoughtfully helped them out ;)

"The White Hart pub is the hub of the community in the Crystal Palace Triangle ! It is famous for was known for its friendly welcome and amazing alright atmosphere . The food has the whole town talking bloke up the road thinking it has gone up in price a tad in recent years and the service is the best around the side of the bar you are not standing at . The bar has the best a range of ales / lagers in Crystal Palace . It is a proper local and it is possible to getting make it better all one more the time "

Edited by Norwood lad, 16 October 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#10 FitzRoy

FitzRoy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#11 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Brilliant - love it Norwood Lad!
Mel, Forum Moderator

#12 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Today i was asked by a family friend to describe the White Hart pub in relation to the AM job . Having read the job description i would say the positive spin is overdone somewhat but you may differ ....

"The White Hart pub is the hub of the community in the Crystal Palace Triangle ! It is famous for its friendly welcome and amazing atmosphere . The food has the whole town talking and the service is the best around . The bar has the best range of ales / lagers in Crystal Palace . It is a proper local and it is getting better all the time "

Salary £1900-2100

Honestly i think it has improved recently and i wish them all the best but i do take issue with the above statement - as im sure Rick , Boydy , Justin , Les and a few other landlords might as well !

So now i turn it over to Dazza , SRD , Summit Lover , Chewie et al for your comments .

Can they really say they have the "best range of ales / lagers in Crystal Palace"? It's patently not true.
Love The Triangle...