Photo

Anybody else go on the TUC march yesterday?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Interesting piece on the economy

#17 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

Great article. We're all pawns in this game.
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#18 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Bovine business is business regardless of how it come about people on here thought these events a waste of money now people are calling it a blip on the economy.

Make your mind up !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#19 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

I've always supported the Olympics. Fact is that it doesn't happen every 3 months, so the figures should be taken with a heavy pinch of salt

Edited by Elmo, 25 October 2012 - 11:06 PM.

Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#20 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

^^^ What he said ^^^

If anything it supports the arguments of investing in infrastructure now because it took a lot of investment to reap those brief time bound rewards. More solid investment in housing, rail etc would deliver more lasting returns through people travelling, paying rent to councils, housing associations, etc as well as boosting employment in those industries, who will then spend the money, pay their taxes, etc.. It's not rocket science but unfortunately we have a chancellor whose only qualification is he's bezzie mates with the prime minister (unless you think a 2:1 in modern history gives you sufficient knowledge to control the nation's purse strings).

#21 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Pet hate people who compare degrees ! Sociology degree perhaps?

#22 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Pet hate people who compare degrees ! Sociology degree perhaps?

It's not about comparing degrees, it's about whether arguably the most important financial job in the UK should be trusted to somebody who's never studied anything to do with economics. It's like expecting somebody with a GCSE in German to perform open heart surgery... Is it any wonder that an Osborne budget is quickly followed by a whole series of u-turns? He is in the wrong job.

Edited by Bovine Juice, 29 October 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#23 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

I bet most people dont even use their degree in their day to day job ! You can beat practical work experience !

Most MPs come straight out of University with there sociologyor other crap degrees & go straight into politics & have no clue of the real world .

MP should have to do 20 years minimum working for a living before they can be allowed to take office if you ask me !

Dazza

#24 Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Mustn't upset the almighty.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

Unfortunately a lot of employers blindly follow the belief that degree in anything is an indication of superior intellect, shows an aptitude for learning and trumps anything an experienced candidate can offer. I worked in IT for large corporations for 24 years and saw many graduates with totally irrelevant degrees (such as theology) fast tracked into management positions without having to do the groundwork first. The majority were either out of their depth or (more dangerously) naive idiots with a sense of superiority and entitlement.
Politics (especially where this government it concerned) seems to follow the same model.

Edited by Sidney Ruff-Diamond, 30 October 2012 - 12:19 PM.

Never eat a piece of cheese bigger than your head.

#25 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

I bet most people dont even use their degree in their day to day job ! You can beat practical work experience !

Don't disagree so obviously the 2 years where Osborne wasn't a politician, working for Conservative Central Office or living directly off his immensely wealthy family must clearly be where he showed his suitability for one of the most important jobs in Britain. It must be either his work experience:

- entering the names of recently deceased into a National Health Service computer database.
OR
- re-folding towels for Selfridges

Hmmmmmm....

You seem to be missing my point though, it's not ALL about qualifications but when somebody is as bad in the job as this clown is you really have to wonder whether they might help...